AT&T: Tighter Control of Cell Data Usage Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AT&T: Tighter Control of Cell Data Usage Ahead

AT&T is putting all you bandwidth hogging iPhone users on notice, changes are coming and you might not like them very much. I'm no expert but I thought most people bought an iPhone for the bandwidth intensive features like browsing the internet, YouTube, downloading apps, music and videos. Changing to a usage-based system now would suck.

AT&T is upgrading its network to cope, but its head of consumer services, Ralph de la Vega, told investors at a UBS conference in New York that it will also give high-bandwidth users incentives to "reduce or modify their usage." De la Vega didn't say exactly how or when the carrier would change its policies, but he said some form of usage-based pricing for data is inevitable.

Well looks like I got my LAST Iphone then, Verizon here I come..... Apple most likely won't like this either, Not so many will want it if they have to pay more to use what's so great about it.

Dauntae

That's why Apple has been talking to Verizon. AT&T just continues to screw over everyone, customers and partners alike.

yea this is stupid...in this day and age things like talk, data, text should be unlimited period. It's like internet..there shouldn't be caps on downloads :| it's just ridiculous :\

Ralph de la Vega is a jackass. The store I worked at dealt with him a couple times, and he's almost at a Job's level of jackassery.

Wow, I've been with AT&T for 7 years, Their crappy service has only gotten worse, And with this... It maybe the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom