Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hello,
can anyone tell me the difference between Ad-aware and spyware remover
and
AntiVirus software????.

Also i wanted to ask, if one has a good firewall software, does it prohibit the working of Antivirus software on the system?.

Any solution.

-----------
phantom

Hello, Phantom!
Anti spyware software usually contains ad-ware and spyware remover.
Award and Spyware removal it's new proactive method of defeating spyware before it damages a user's system and automated spyware base updates with thousands records delivers the most efficient way of protecting your personal information against spyware parasites, adware, keyloggers, hidden dialers, browser hijackers, and other malicious programs.
Personally I use this Anti Spyware software and Dr. Web antivirus. Because It the best solution to compare antivirus and anti spyware to system. Anti spyware could protect your PC and remove, but antivirus could cure infection files. They have different sphere of action. So you need both of them.

hmmm

I have tried a lot of anti-spyware...but i've forgotten the names of the programs...at present i use Lavasoft programs.
Anti-virus softwares are a headache. They clutter a lot of its own files. I've tried panda AV, EZ, Norton,...but they slowed down the system by initialising their so-called protective 2 or 3 programs at one time...file shield..etc.
Only one i liked was Grisoft software. Its cool.

You know, I also tried Norton and Panda and some other. My PC also was slow. But Anti Spyware software dosen't slow down my system and Dr. Web too. So I think it might be the reason to try them.

Yeah grisoft is great. For adaware use "adaware se personal", for spyware good ones are "spysweeper' "spybot s&d", "hijack this", "cwshredder", "microsoft antispyare", i have them all but dont keep them running all the time.

hmmm

Hi vaderpro,
i had tried Winanti-virus some days ago. But as my pc status and version is not new, i deleted it. Even Microsoft anti-spyware.
I liked spybot s&d, if ever i require it, i'll love to use it again. Its interface and working is cool.
And btw, Lavasoft has both adware remover and spyware remover in one software. And its scanning is also quick.
Hey its nice, that you got a lot of softwares. My pc has only 2 GB space. 0.5 GB is empty. I had to compromise always for using softwares that will least clutter and have a good rapport.
I am still searching for a good anti-virus software. If i download 10 or 14 MB, and then install it; it happens to be a fact that it covers 25 to 30 MB. I am searching for something which will cover the least space and still work correctly. Grisoft is the only one which gave good efficiency.
Another software which is my favourite - www.wintools.net
PC optimizer. Its very cool and efficient.

--------------
phantom

Re: hmmm

phantom555 said:
Hi vaderpro,
i had tried Winanti-virus some days ago. But as my pc status and version is not new, i deleted it. Even Microsoft anti-spyware.
I liked spybot s&d, if ever i require it, i'll love to use it again. Its interface and working is cool.
And btw, Lavasoft has both adware remover and spyware remover in one software. And its scanning is also quick.
Hey its nice, that you got a lot of softwares. My pc has only 2 GB space. 0.5 GB is empty. I had to compromise always for using softwares that will least clutter and have a good rapport.
I am still searching for a good anti-virus software. If i download 10 or 14 MB, and then install it; it happens to be a fact that it covers 25 to 30 MB. I am searching for something which will cover the least space and still work correctly. Grisoft is the only one which gave good efficiency.
Another software which is my favourite - www.wintools.net
PC optimizer. Its very cool and efficient.

--------------
phantom

grisoft and spybot here

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=53623

hmmm

Thats a very nice thread by Blitze105, thank you static_11.

I was surprised to know that there are other browsers which are given much preferance than Microsoft IE. I've just downloaded Firefox and i can't believe the speed with which the internet webpages are opening.
Even while typing with MS IE, it really used to slow the system. Or perhaps my system is still not compatible with MS IE6. But with Mozilla Firefox its real lightning speed.

I dont know how you get by on a 2gb of hard drive, thats insane, if you can afford it, get a new drive, they are cheap these days, and a lot less hassle for you!

hmmm

Vaderpro,
the place where i live, ppl mainly give preferance in buying desktops, i am searching for laptops shops for getting upgrade info for my Compaq Armada 1500c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom