Another Sims question!

mastersharpe

Beta member
Hi there,

This is a simple question but I just want to make sure. I have got Sims 2 and Sims 3 but I've been scared to install Sims 2 on my new laptop. My laptop runs Sims 3 fine but my old laptop, although it is Windows Vista and is still alive (Just), didn't like Sims 2 much for obvious reasons (Integrated Intel graphics with a crappy processor and windows vista...poor thing).

I know that laptops really aren't for gaming unless you spend quite a lot of money which is where my problems lie. I have a descent budget laptop which is the Acer Aspire with the following specs:

-Windows 8
-AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M with Turbo CORE technology up to 2.8Ghz
-AMD Radeon HD 7640 with 512Mb Graphics System Memory
-8gb DDR3 RAM

Those are the main things I suppose. The Hard-drive is stupidly big so no problems there. Just wanted to know whether Sims 2 will ask more then what my laptop will give, considering cooling on a laptop is usually rubbish. I do have a cooling pad though.

So, should I run it or should I not? Also, just as a curious thing, is Sims 3 nicer to a laptop then Sims 2?

Thanks for any replies on this stupidly over asked genre. Sims will be the death of forums I'm sure!

Mastersharpe

Back
Top Bottom