Aim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4ic_fln

Baseband Member
it seems to me that most people who want to chat via IM use AOL's IM program... am i just making that up? or do more people really use AIM instead of Yahoo IM or MSN Msngr? and if so... why AIM? it cant be because everyone is signed up for AOL...

Because AOL practically invented Instant Messaging. Also they are the most popular service provider for IMing..... If people are paying customers for AOL, they will get the next best thing........ AIM

Yes, go AOL haters!!!

As for me... I use a very, very hacked version of MSN! Tried trillian but couldn't get used to it.

As for what's popular - AOL pretty much started the whole instant messaging thing, so people started using it heavily before they did the others. A lot of it has to do with what your friends have. You're going to use whatever IM you have friends on, and since AOL was able to get into that market a little earlier than the others, people built up their buddy lists around AIM. Then when MSN and Yahoo became more popular, there was no point to switching.

Try Mirc, definately a much better route to take. Make your own channels, be an OP, config the hell out of your alias and you can practice your scripting ability as well. It's a very versatile application, and you just may learn something along the way.
http://www.mirc.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom