Adware blocking ALL javascript usage

Be very careful with combofix, that's what the pro's at your local IT store use, and it can definitely screw your pc if you tell it to. Make sure to ask before doing anything :)

Be very careful with combofix, that's what the pro's at your local IT store use, and it can definitely screw your pc if you tell it to. Make sure to ask before doing anything :)

Which is why I'm telling him to use it now. Not much you can screw up when actually using Combofix, as you just run it and it runs. You just have to use it at the right time.

I ran a scan and for some reason it finally picked up 49 pieces of adware! Apparently, it was disguised as "media player" and "video player." I've posted a log as an attachment. This took out the adware on internet explorer but for some reason, its still there on Chrome. So, i'm going to try re-installing Chrome, now.

Attachments

• d.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
I checked my extensions and found that "media player" the adware was disguised as. However, it says "(This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled.)" So, i decided to run adwcleaner, anyway and it found a hidden extension in Google Chrome. I have posted the log in the post. However, the media player extension is still in my browser and I can't get rid of it.

Attachments

• q.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
FINALLY! I did a quick google search on how to get rid of it and finally managed to remove the extension! My browser is now working fine and I'd really like to thank CarnageX for all of thehelp he's provided. I've +rep on his posts and I'll be sure to comeback here if I ever have anymore problems.

-Kraton9000

Mind posting how you got rid of it in the end? I'd be interested in finding out in case I run into it , or in case somebody else comes asking :).

Well, I went into my control panel and made all hidden files and folders visible.
I then went into my local Appdata, found Google Chrome, went into extensions and simply deleted the extension. Ta-da!

Back
Top Bottom