Adobe to buy Macromedia (Don't know where this goes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuaibao

In Runtime
Adobe to buy Macromedia for 3.4 Billion (as of post date now). This stinks, macromedia loses its name, but then you get Photoshop and PDF integration into Flash. But Adobe Breeze and Adobe Flash doesn't really make that kind of name that Macromedia made. Adobe Contribute? By the way, all of both companie's software cost FORTUNES.

Comments Welcome?

I have ALL current programs from both corporations, and just yesterday noticed Adobe out with their CS2 line. It's nice, but it's a lot to upgrade.

eh i only use adobe acrobat
adobe photoshop is way to confusing to use for me. ill stick to microsoft paint. thats where all my photo editing skillz lie.
Yea but kinda sad to see macromedia go.

I was shocked to see that!!!

I love Dreamweaver and hope it does not go down hill!!
It will be interesting to see what they come out with, in terms of integration and pricing (upgrades?).

can't believe MM sold out :(

EDIT: removed a "$" from a potty word.
I know, but I hope their pricing would be lower, I had to shell out big bucks to get MMFlash. But both parties have kick-a$ software.

Adobe is a good company, I think they will still continue to make good software. I love macromedia's products and I hope that they stay the same or get better. Mabey Adobe will port the programs to linux.

I dot know how to feel abut this. Adobe is cool but I hate to see macromedia go. its kinda how i felt about corel buying jasc... well, hopefully we will see some good things come from this, and it wont be like EA taking over all the great game companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom