Adobe CS4 Vs. CS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbtooloo

Baseband Member
is there really much difference?!

From reviews, there doesn't seem to be much. Anyone with any personal experience?

For me it's not much of a big difference if you don't use it as in depth as others. If you use it for minor editing, adding special effects, text, minor cuts, etc. then no you will not see a difference so to speak. It does however has some new features and a somewhat slightly different interface (very slight lol but you still notice it).

Two new features I use is the "Content-Aware Fill" and new painting style brushes they added.

I can't quite remember if it was implemented in CS4 or not, but I know CS5 takes advantage of GPU processing power, instead of just CPU processing power, making rendering go much quicker.

I can't quite remember if it was implemented in CS4 or not, but I know CS5 takes advantage of GPU processing power, instead of just CPU processing power, making rendering go much quicker.

Checked the website and it states "GPU accelerated features".
New GPU-accelerated features new

Take advantage of GPU-enabled enhancements to everyday tools. Crop with the Rule of Thirds grid; zoom with click-and-scrub functionality; and sample colors with better visualization and the onscreen color picker.

Source

Selections are SO much easier as well, add that to all the other benefits listed here and you've got some pretty awesome improvements.

If you're using it for your job, and using it a lot, then definitely go with CS5. You'll save yourself so much time.
If you're using it at home, and not using it a lot, then definitely go with CS4. You'll save yourself so much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom