Address Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmyth

Beta member
Hi,
I have a Client Server application running on a LAN.

I have a VPN connection setup into the server on the LAN. The VPN address is different from the serverÂ’s local address and canÂ’t be reconfigured.

I’m trying to access the server via the client remotely over the VPN connection, however the client trys to connect to the servers local address and fails (i.e. the server is not “pingable” from the remote clients machine), again can’t be reconfigured

Would it be possible to redirect the Severs local address to the VPN address and hence connect to the server? I.e. any out going connections from the Client to the Servers local address would be redirected or mapped to the VPN address and hence to the server?

Thanks in advance

lets say the servers local address is 172.50.49.80 and the VPN address is 10.20.20.19 and my local address (client) is 192.168.1.50.

my client is configured to connect to the server on 172.50.49.80, when in fact it should be connecting to 10.20.20.19

is it possible to map all out going connections from my client machine on 172.50.49.80 to 10.20.20.19?

when you connect to your VPN server, do you keep the default ip setting "Default Gateway" if you set the Gateway to the IP of your VPN Server then you should be able to access all services that the VPN can access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom