Adding an AP to the same Wireless network?

aimo3

In Runtime
There are 3 Netgear WNDAP360 APs installed in different location in a single building to provide network connectivity to wireless devices to the same intranet. They all belong to the same subnet and there is no conflict between them. The DHCP server is disabled on them. So everyone is using a computer based DHCP.

Let's say the configuration is as the following. I just changed the names and numbers for security purposes.

Network ID: 150.20.10.0
Default Gateway: 150.20.10.5
DHCP & DNS: 150.20.10.10
APs IPs: 150.20.10.20/21/22
Wireless Network Name: MyCompanyWiFi

I want to add a D-Link DIR-605L AP to the network in another location, but am not finding the respective settings. The default subnet ID in this AP is 192.168.0.0, and its LAN IP is 192.168.0.1.

Can someone help?

From the Dlink web page:
Unfortunately the DIR-605L router cannot be converted into a wireless bridge due to the firmware it has installed on it and DD-WRT does not have a software conversion application to assist in making this router function as a bridge as well. If you have additional questions or need further information please visit www.dlink.com. Thank you for your feedback as we truly appreciate and value your comments..

You can try contacting Dlink to see if their support can help you, because I can't find a Dlink DIR 605L AP device anywhere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom