Ad popups are annoying

Ken D

Solid State Member
Hi all,
Same old story, when I open Mozilla and go on the web say You Tube or other pages I get a lot of pop-ups that I never got before, I rum Malwarebytes regularly and it comes up with no bad stuff, I have Symantec Endpoint running and catching stuff now and then, and Mozilla has Popup blocker activated, what else can I do to stop these annoying ads? Could plugins on Mozilla do that? Any help is appreciated. I am running Win Vista SP2 and 3 Gigs of Ram.
Ken

Yes, malicious plugins in FireFox could do that. Start it up in FireFox's "Safe Mode" where it doesn't load any add-ons.

I'd also suggest running HiJackThis and posting the log here so that we can examine it.

check the plugins/extensions in FF or go into program files and find anything that you thing is dodgy if not, check 'uninstall a program' in the control panel and then if not, check 'appdata'. I used to get loads of popups and stuff like that that were not supposed to be there.

note: you can get into appdata by typing %appdata% in the start menu and press enter.

Back
Top Bottom