abnormal CPU usage in CS 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hi guys,

ive been getting very low FPS in cs 1.6 because of the high CPU usage (around 25% when game's running)...When i exit the game it turns back to 0-2%. I have ran spyware and virus checks and nothing helped. I also tried setting fps_max 100 in console and it's still low as ****. The hl.exe process in windows task manager shows that it is taking up around 10-15% of total CPU usage and system idle process is using up 98%

I know I don't have a top of the line PC, but you don't need one to play CS 1.6. I have a 1.8GHZ processor, 512MB ram and a radeon 9xxx. It's been running great a month ago and its getting worse this month, especially after the recent steam updates that causes hardware input lag.

Thanks for any help, thanks

ummm, that seems normal, i have a 1.8ghz P4, 768mb ram, FX5200 pci and i run at like 50 FPS on openGl and like 40 on D3D (wierd eh?) and i just checked and idle im at 0-1% cpu, and when playing im at %20 +/- 2 and system idle process always goes to like 98% also for me, but it doesnt affect my performence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom