A+ things to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
Hey everyone, i just bought my vouchers to take my A+ exam and i was wondering what are some key things that i should be studying? Like is their anything that the test really tries to get you on. like correct grammar and such? any kind of help would be muchley appreciated.

Also How hard is the first IT essentials test that everyone has to take? is that just as hard as the IT Technician test?

I purchased The Comptia A+ in depth by Jean Andrews and it has helped me pass the essentials test and I will be taking the 602 test monday. It was much easier then what I expected and I have no work experience (just graduated High school). The test is completely multiple choice and some multiple multiple choice (tho specified how many). Be aware I did study quite hard for 2 weeks ( 5+ hours a day give or take) so your experience may vary.

I purchased The Comptia A+ in depth by Jean Andrews and it has helped me pass the essentials test and I will be taking the 602 test monday. It was much easier then what I expected and I have no work experience (just graduated High school). The test is completely multiple choice and some multiple multiple choice (tho specified how many). Be aware I did study quite hard for 2 weeks ( 5+ hours a day give or take) so your experience may vary.

They do sometimes tell you, "Select all that apply"

At least that's what I'm noticing from all the practice tests I'm taking (I'm taking it this Saturday..)

They do sometimes tell you, "Select all that apply"

At least that's what I'm noticing from all the practice tests I'm taking (I'm taking it this Saturday..)

When I took the test it did have questions that said "select all that apply"

One thing I had trouble with was how to get to places, like driver properties(or somthing similar that's you have to do like 5-7 clicks to get to). I could easily get to the place if I had a computer because I'm so used to it but remembering the names of the links/buttons you pressed and in which order was confusing to me.

Oh and BTW Vernong what practice test programs are you using? I used Testout, cram master, and cert blaster. I found them all to be very different from the test itself.

I'm just using free online stuff man, and I bought that Mike Meyers book.

But ya :D

haha yeah im using the same stuff as Vernon, just the mike Meyers book and some free online practice stuff.

haha yeah im using the same stuff as Vernon, just the mike Meyers book and some free online practice stuff.
That is all you really need. One core book that covers everything that you can study really hard, then suplimental sources to fill in the gaps and have questions asked a different way and topics looked at from a different angle.

The exam is different for everyone as the questions will vary from exam to exam. Just make sure you know how to troubleshoot issues. Don't just memorize IRQ's and things of that nature. What you will see a lot of is situational questions and you have to give the solution (or best solution for that situation).

I felt both exams were similar in difficulty, but like you I studied the comprehensive Mike Meyers book which covered all topics - so i didn't study one thing/topic more than another.

That is all you really need. One core book that covers everything that you can study really hard, then suplimental sources to fill in the gaps and have questions asked a different way and topics looked at from a different angle.

The exam is different for everyone as the questions will vary from exam to exam. Just make sure you know how to troubleshoot issues. Don't just memorize IRQ's and things of that nature. What you will see a lot of is situational questions and you have to give the solution (or best solution for that situation).

I felt both exams were similar in difficulty, but like you I studied the comprehensive Mike Meyers book which covered all topics - so i didn't study one thing/topic more than another.

cool, thanks for the help everyone and i hope i can pass this test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom