A crash course in active dirctory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Long story short is that I am looking for another job elsewhere. I might have a opportunity coming up next week where some one is looking for some one entry level that they can train up.

It seems that one of the requirements is active directory for this position. Does any one have any suggestions of where to find some resources online so that i can at least know the theory behind Active Directory.

Active directory at its simplest is really easy. Just Groups and assigning computers / users to those groups. Then using the group policy editor to say what those groups can or cannot do. Obviously that is oversimplifying it but that is the jist of it. It gets complicated when you get into name resolution with DNS, Trusts, replication and forest function levels.

I don't know of anyplace online but there are some 'cram' books that would give you the general idea. If you can get a free download of the OS, that would be the easiest way of learning.

What is the timeline we are looking at?

You're bailing on Dell already? Does this have to do with them screwing up your paperwork/pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom