A+ 220-601 Essentals Exam Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net+ is actually way more useful if you're going into support in today's world. It's very helpful to know the basics of how computers talk to each other and other things, because that's 90% of your problems you'll ever see right there.

I have an OSI protocol/layer map on my wall, it has several hundred nodes and looks like a blown up schematic for a circuit. TCP/IP accounts for less than 20% of the whole map... it's quite frightening actually.
Regardless this is an accomplishment for the poster and we should not downplay anyones accomplishment.

Keep up the good work, what are you going to work on next 35g700?

Regardless this is an accomplishment for the poster and we should not downplay anyones accomplishment.

Keep up the good work, what are you going to work on next 35g700?

I'm going to be working on Apple Certification... I'm going to a Vocational school from my High School. Juniors normally take PC Servicing (What I'm taking now) and Seniors now take Apple tech instead of PC networking. I'm disappointed that I can't take PC networking but I'm kind of excited to be able to learn a little bit about Macs even though I've hated them for a long time.

Dang.. my school doesn't offer that kind of versatility when it comes to PC Tech... :(

Macs are actually very good (if you don't mind paying a **** load of cash for them)
Working on them I'd say that updating was easier, the programs work well and they work fast.

Compatibility used to be an issue, and still is to a lesser degree, but nowadays as they're getting more popular you can find more and more software out there for them. If all else fails, you can still load windows onto them via bootcamp.
I was pleasantly surprised when I tried loading xp onto my Mac, worked really well.

One bad thing is that there's nowhere near the level of customizability with Macs as there are PC's.

In middle school all the students got iBooks (They had CPU's made my Motorola not Intel) and that's the main reason why I don't like Macs all that much but I was talking to my instructor and he said that those computers were horrible and now macs are a lot better.

I just found out today that next year all students in my high school get new macbooks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom