50Mbs Docsis 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerIke

Beta member
I recently installed a new Docsis 3 modem to trial TimeWarners new 50Mbs service. I was able see 50x5 on my Dell laptop running XP Pro, but when I hooked up my Compaq Desktop, I'm only able to get around 25x2.5. I'm running XP Pro on my dt with a 2.16Ghz AMD processor, 4Mb ram, using either Firefox or IE. I run through some basic utilities to clear my temp folders, cache, etc, and used Uniblue Registry booster to clean up any obsolete registry entries -- but other than improve performance of programs loading slightly -- there wasn't any improvement on my broadband speeds.

Any thoughts??

I tested on both a TW on-net speed test server, and a publicly available site (speedtest.net) -- got same result on both. Since I was able to get 50Mbs using my laptop with same modem, connection, etc., I think the difference is going to be with my desktop configs. Just not sure which to look at.

Hi,

Boot into safe mode (with networking) on your desktop PC and test the speed of your Internet connection. Are the speeds the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom