3d printing technology?

rayonsprayon

Beta member
So I've recently read this article and needless to say . . . it blew my mind!

Forbes Welcome

What I wanted to know what is anyone here an owner of a 3d Printer?

I would love to know if this technology is actually here already and if it truly is something amazing.

Like here, you can literally download a light saber / flashlight. That is so cool!
https://pinshape.com/items/9918-3d-printed-ekobots-lightsaber-flashlight

Anyways, love to learn more about this. Especially from someone who is already in the 3d printing game.

I have 2 3D printers in my lab at work, and my company has had 3D printing since 1989. What would you like to know?

Yes it's here, yes it's neat. The smaller consumer versions aren't that practical but can make some nifty stuff.

Yeah, my uni got a few 3D printers in just as I was leaving. It was immediately used to pirate Warhammer figurines by a member of staff for "demonstration purposes".

Yeah, my uni got a few 3D printers in just as I was leaving.

Same here - I only knew about 'em because I took a Computer Graphics class (under the ART college) my last semester as an easier course, and they showed us the 3D printers they had just got up and running. Shame I never went in and scheduled something to be made.

I have a fused filamet one...

ok for not too detailed models or boring mechnical parts...

you're probably not going to be creating finished salable warhammer models any time soon on a home use one. (needs many hours of sanding to make it properly smooth)

I have a fused filamet one...

ok for not too detailed models or boring mechnical parts...

you're probably not going to be creating finished salable warhammer models any time soon on a home use one. (needs many hours of sanding to make it properly smooth)
That depends on the unit and the type of plastic used.

Back
Top Bottom