Possible bad card... your thoughts?

IT looks like the gamma loader got a slap in the face. Your card's screwed up. RMa it. Don't tell them your OCed, and tell them you're using latest drivers.

Do you really think so? I just want to really make sure it's screwed up before I RMA it... Could you or someone explain to me what a gamma loader is? I tried Google to no avail. Thanks for the response.

And from what I've heard, eVGA doesn't care if you OC or not, but I'll keep that out anyway for the sake of being safe.

I belive the gamma stuff has to do with the lighting but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, from what i see on EVGA's forums, they don't care, everyone (moderators and staff included) talk about how the OC their cards. But either way i would not mention it.

well, It can't be burnt out that quickly, try bringing the clock speed to normal, and reinstall the original drivers, if it doesn't work try latest, also monitor temps and FPS rates. I have no clue but there is a problem and I doubt its a bad card, just toy with it till you find the prob.

just out of interest and nothing to do with your card but is that game half-life 2? or a mod of half-life 2?

Since it messing up sometimes not during games, i would def rule out drivers and say the cards defected. RMA! Luckly you got Evga, they dont care if you oc or not and there support is great.

If it happens in only HL2, then try another game or video. IF it's occuring randomly, it's either:

A: Your card took a dump. Just because an OC was lower, doesn't mean the chips and caps used are the same. They could fail.

B: your VGA cable or DVI dongle is bad. Try another screen, or another dongle. My dongle is a pain. It used to play with coloring, and wiggling it sometimes changed the colors.

just out of interest and nothing to do with your card but is that game half-life 2? or a mod of half-life 2?
It's Garry's Mod, they have Garry's Mod 9 for free (I think they still have it free) but the one I have is $10. It's a mod for Half Life 2, really fun to play around with.
If it happens in only HL2, then try another game or video. IF it's occuring randomly, it's either:

A: Your card took a dump. Just because an OC was lower, doesn't mean the chips and caps used are the same. They could fail.

B: your VGA cable or DVI dongle is bad. Try another screen, or another dongle. My dongle is a pain. It used to play with coloring, and wiggling it sometimes changed the colors.
I'll try some other games, as soon as I get my cable internet in a couple weeks. I've been meaning to play FEAR, but I can't download the updates (25 kb/s:() and it's buggy (don't think it's a graphics problem). I'm trying another DVI-VGA converter now; thanks for the suggestion. I'm just going to ignore it for now and report back when/if it gets serious. Worst comes to worst, I may step up to a better card. Thank you all. :)

In HL2, with the 158.22 drivers i also get long yellow striplike artifacts. So it might be the drivers. Wait for the next set of drivers before you RMA.

If not, try a different screen, if you can acess it. It could be a wiring problem. One of my CRTs went pink lately :(

Back
Top Bottom