Analyst: Sony to Lose 1 Billion on the Playstation 3

Exactly. The Xbox is a proven competitor against Sony. Some people just won't admit that *cough* Ken Kutaragi *cough* :rolleyes:

99nasha said:
Blu-ray has been out in japan for ages now...I saw a recordered going on ebay some time ago now....

Yeah, but Sony want's to expand it to North America, where DVD currently is the standard. As far as I'm concerned, I don't need disks that carry 25 or 50gb. Normal DVDs or HD-DVDs suit me fine.

Setishock has a point. They could be losing that much, but they'll gain alot of money from other resources so they won't really lose out.

Microsoft said they are losing about $500 on each X-BOX, so its alot worse than Sony's loss of $100

What?! Where did you get that? The Xbox 360 costs about $375 to make, but because Bill Gates wants it to launch at $299, they'll lose about $75 per console. The difference is that Microsoft can afford to take that chance, while Sony can't. Sony has put so much time, effort and resources that they can't afford to mark the PS3 down anymore.

No, they said that about the original X-BOX once the prices dropped alot, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, the first one. I'm sure it was $500, haha, and now, the technologies better on the X-box2, and there losing less?...wow... How much is it going to cost then?

alvino said:
What?! Where did you get that? The Xbox 360 costs about $375 to make, but because Bill Gates wants it to launch at $299, they'll lose about $75 per console. The difference is that Microsoft can afford to take that chance, while Sony can't. Sony has put so much time, effort and resources that they can't afford to mark the PS3 down anymore.

Umm, sony is a very big company with a lot of resources too. They make many other things then just the PS3.

Back
Top Bottom