Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1800 on a miniature steam engine and save rest for computer upgrades

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
With all of these new games like UT 2007, FEAR, Oblivion, HL2 Episode 1, Crysis, NFS MW, What makes a game look AMAZINGLY realistic? What factor is most crucial to the life-like appeal of a game? Vote now! :cool:

Looks like lighting is leading the way at the moment, but it was a really hard choice!! Normally I would say it would be a right combination of all of the above, but nowadays with games like FEAR, Doom3, etc... lighting provides depth to objects

ya I noticed that HL2, although amazing for its scale and textures/shaders, it has HORRIBLE lighting. In the broad daylight a white building is no brighter than the paint on the road. If HL2 had "harsher" lighting characteristics like sever glare it would look amazing. I noticed, yes, that a great deal of light is portrayed in its absense. While playing CSS I notice a huge difference in how bright and sunny it seems when the characters are given shadows on boards like Dust2 ie.

killians45 said:
hard to say, it's really a combination of all of it.

So true...its seems every game extorts one very well but is missing one at the same time. This is like Einstein Theory of unification lol. Once all lines converge, we shall have a real gaming experience. But for now you can always see a huge difference in real vs computer, even in GT4, which is pretty daaaamn impressive.

Heres why I voted for Lighting...

mon0815-02.jpg

Without that light-glare from the right side of the "picture" of the rendered tank, it would look dimensionless in a way. IDK what I'm talking about that looks creepily real.

that defeniltely looks real :)

I think 3D detail makes a game look realistic, because, the world is in 3-dimensional...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom