Potentially the longest thread in history...

Caught up on Doctor Who overnight. I wasn't that fussed about the show any more but there have been some *really* good episodes recently.

I'm split on the Dr, some episodes I've seen & enjoyed, some I just couldn't get into at all. Dunno if it's worth investing the time to watch it all :/ probably not gonna :p I might skim the new eps just in case

We cut over our main file server today, it's been all sorts of fun at work! Can't even use the ol' cname alias trick cause we use kerberos auth for our domain.

I've been in touch with a guy from gumtree and really tempted when I'm paid to buy x3 CISCO 1941 ISR ..

I think I could be out my league maybe hear with what he has to offer but when I saw the advert I contacted him as on gumtree the adverts only last 28 days and was about to expire.

I looked them up and they are due to expire in 2023 but officially stopped selling the 1900 series this year.

I watched a tear down video on youtube, along with what seem to be videos of CISCO having its own language for use with the likes of the console ect:

If I'm correct I'm going to need a serial cable and a compact flash memory card.

Supports x2 WAN along with hardware encryption for the likes of the VPN ect.

Last edited:
I've been in touch with a guy from gumtree and really tempted when I'm paid to buy x3 CISCO 1941 ISR ..

I think I could be out my league maybe hear with what he has to offer but when I saw the advert I contacted him as on gumtree the adverts only last 28 days and was about to expire.

I looked them up and they are due to expire in 2023 but officially stopped selling the 1900 series this year.

I watched a tear down video on youtube, along with what seem to be videos of CISCO having its own language for use with the likes of the console ect:

If I'm correct I'm going to need a serial cable and a compact flash memory card.

Supports x2 WAN along with hardware encryption for the likes of the VPN ect.

We have the 1941 at work, never had an issue with them. Very realiable, and supports VPN for all our depots that works perfectly.

But I don't know why you'd need three of them :p

Ghosting my friend. Got fed up with him only replying to me half the time, and even when he did it was with the laziest ****ing one word answers. So now i'll ignore messages for 10 hours and then reply with "lol". A taste of his own medicine. I cba to be communicative with my friends when it's not reciprocated any more.

We have the 1941 at work, never had an issue with them. Very realiable, and supports VPN for all our depots that works perfectly.

But I don't know why you'd need three of them :p

Do they have any sort of HA functionality? If so 2 could be handy I guess

Do they have any sort of HA functionality? If so 2 could be handy I guess

I'm sure it does, but generally you just failover onto your other Cisco router that has the incoming backup line. From my (albeit limited) experience, the incoming leased line is way more likely to fail than the Cisco router itself.

I'm sure it does, but generally you just failover onto your other Cisco router that has the incoming backup line. From my (albeit limited) experience, the incoming leased line is way more likely to fail than the Cisco router itself.
I'm used to using HA not for ISP connection failover, but for hardware redundancy

I'm used to using HA not for ISP connection failover, but for hardware redundancy

Meh, our primary and backup line present over ethernet. If the primary router really did did fail you would only need to swap the cable over into the backup router and quickly change the IP in the config, 2 minute job and youre back to full internet speed. The rest of the configs are identical.

We have backup servers and stuff because its way more time intensive rebuilding a server if it totally fails.

Back
Top Bottom