Potentially the longest thread in history...

My brother's got an Axon 7 Mini, gotta say it's pretty nice! He smashed the screen last week, so contacted ZTE and they'll replace the whole device free once we purchase the Accidental Cover for $50AUD. Not bad considering the screen costs $150 otherwise.
It's also ~5 months since he bought the phone and you're technically meant to buy the coverage within 30 days, but they waived that for us too. 10/10 for first impressions from ZTE

My brother's got an Axon 7 Mini, gotta say it's pretty nice! He smashed the screen last week, so contacted ZTE and they'll replace the whole device free once we purchase the Accidental Cover for $50AUD. Not bad considering the screen costs $150 otherwise.
It's also ~5 months since he bought the phone and you're technically meant to buy the coverage within 30 days, but they waived that for us too. 10/10 for first impressions from ZTE

Just look at his A7 Mini and imagine it a little bigger, running a SD820 with more memory and storage, and a better camera and you have the A7. The A7 comes with two year protection/replacement which includes accidental (a big reason I went with it, actually).

I plugged in AUS into Gearbest and the A7 would run 338.07.

Fair enough Trot it just always seemed way more often than that, though probably because you buy them for your other half and recommend them quite a lot.

Personally I don't mind spending the money. I use my phone for hours and hours everyday, so I feel like I easily get my monies worth.

In other news, I can't believe it, but I just hit up one of those teenage girl websites that give life advice like "How to tell if your BF loves you?" :lol: ... it actually helped with my query! though mine was about a friend not a BF. Honest xD. I continually have a difficult time with a friend and I constantly get tempted to just give up with him. I've complained about him several times on here before :p

Last edited:
Got the domain and email set up for my new business. Can't do much more work on it til I've actually left my current workplace, though.

Lots of work to do... branding, infosec policy, QA workflow and policy, and of course actually getting some work in.

Why the hell would the government be spying on you? You don't oppose the establishment in any way other than in principle, and actually support it by continuing to live off it and in it.

@ Soul ..

I'll Inbox you.

Changing topic.

Does anyone think Brexit will be reversed or is it just me.

I am SO lost on that at this point lol. What a **** show. Though that's not really limited to brexit or the UK's govt; every large nation's govt that I can think of has devolved into a farcical caricature of what it was meant to be. Corruption so commonplace that it's the new norm now; instead of being surprised to find out your representatives are a bunch of self-serving ***wipes there's a mentality of "well what could I do anyway?". To be fair, what CAN you do anyway...

I really believe there will be some sort of new revolution that takes place, driven by communities connecting via the internet. Policies will be voted on by the people en masse, the construction of the policy will be put to the experts in the field(s) that relate to the policy, and the locals (or those that will be affected the most) will have the highest bias placed on their vote score.
Continuing on from that, the idea of "countries" as they exist now would also be dissolved with the advent of this new system - after all, the "locals" of an area might be split across a political border, but their needs would be the same given they are living in the same area. The reasoning behind their creation is archaic, and it's about damn time we moved on

I am SO lost on that at this point lol. What a **** show. Though that's not really limited to brexit or the UK's govt; every large nation's govt that I can think of has devolved into a farcical caricature of what it was meant to be. Corruption so commonplace that it's the new norm now; instead of being surprised to find out your representatives are a bunch of self-serving ***wipes there's a mentality of "well what could I do anyway?". To be fair, what CAN you do anyway...

I really believe there will be some sort of new revolution that takes place, driven by communities connecting via the internet. Policies will be voted on by the people en masse, the construction of the policy will be put to the experts in the field(s) that relate to the policy, and the locals (or those that will be affected the most) will have the highest bias placed on their vote score.
Continuing on from that, the idea of "countries" as they exist now would also be dissolved with the advent of this new system - after all, the "locals" of an area might be split across a political border, but their needs would be the same given they are living in the same area. The reasoning behind their creation is archaic, and it's about damn time we moved on

Man thats deep.

@Kman, you know how you often become regularly dissatisfied with your work environment. Why dont you ask your boss for a raise.

You could make some BS up about being over qualified or travelling expenses, or even just say something like, 'As an employee of the wonderful establishment, I was curious about the possibility of a general wage raise due to the technical skills involved in my current environment. As in return I will be willing to compensate this company with best of my ability as a devoted employee and make every contribution possible I can.'

:thumbsup:

I was just reading something you had posted thats all.

:D

I just got around to reading the email about the revised leave/vacation benefits from work. For once they are doing something that actually benefits us.

Effective November 5th we will be allowed to carry over up to one week/40 hours of PTO from one year to the next. Before you lost whatever vacation time you had not used when your anniversary date rolled around. The maximum PTO is capped at four weeks/160 hours.

They have also changed how the amounts of vacation time is given. Before you got two weeks and did not get any more per year until you hit seven or 10 years. The new system starts a new hire at 10 days and then an additional day is added per year with the company, topping out at 20 days with 10 years of service. It looks like I will be getting 15 days this time around.

They also changed sick leave. Before you had to earn your sick leave and could have a max of three days at any given time. Once you used one or more of them then you earned them back at one day per quarter that you didn't use any sick leave. Now they are giving us 40 hours per year which starts on your anniversary date. Sick time cannot be carried over, though.

Back
Top Bottom