Potentially the longest thread in history...

Had to run another idiotic call yesterday. The note on the ticket said "***Dispatch*** to service touchscreen still having issues. will not calibrate, not recognizing touch during calibration attempt/ POS 5 (office) frozen." The note that support left from them working with the store, "pos5 frozen, reset winpos. touchscreen, still having issues. will not calibrate, not recognizing touch during calibration attempt. Dispatch to service touchscreen."

When I walk into the store I immediately go to the checkout lane, plug in a keyboard, and calibrate the touchscreen without an issue. I went and spoke to the manager (who happened to be the one support spoke with) and started asking questions. I was able to piece together what happened, which was the manager was sitting at the server talking to support. Support remotes into the server and then connects to the lane through the server. This shows the lane's screen on the server, much like TeamViewer. When support asked the manager to touch the onscreen targets to calibrate the touchscreen the manager touched them... on the server's monitor, which is not a touchscreen. The manager was dense enough to do this and support was negligent enough let this happen.

Decided to pick up some ribs after I got home, but shops were all out :/ so grabbed a pork belly instead. Might need to do this one again, just as tasty as ribs but 1/2 the price :D
Got lazy and just bought a bottle of bbq to use, thinking tomorrow I'll buy a few kg and do a proper job :p

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Tbf Sweet Baby Rays is crème de la crème when it comes to bottled sauces :p

From tomorrow I'll be off line for a couple of weeks. Having the fibre optic installed and having my line shut down tomorrow by my current ISP.

I'm being activated on the 8th next month but my contract is due to end with my current ISP tomorrow. I'll be off line until I have been successfully switched on by my new ISP.

Went with talk talk. 2.5 Mib per second down guaranteed and a maximum of 9 down. Theoretically I should get this on p2p but their only charging me £20 PCM so I'll be saving £240 + as opposed to my current ISP over the two year period I've signed in for.

Just wanted to give a heads up because I know how much I'm loved and you will all miss me. Folks its just for a few weeks Max so keep ya cool. :p

Spud loves ya baby. :cool: :eek: :silly: :omg: :lol:

Tbf Sweet Baby Rays is crème de la crème when it comes to bottled sauces :p

I guess we are spoiled over here when it comes to readily available BBQ sauces. Sweet baby Ray's is good, but so are many others. Sticky Fingers has some good sauces; I am partial to the Sweet Southern Heat and Memphis Original. Bull's-Eye is good, as is Stubb's and KC Masterpeice. Bot the best is what you make yourself, hands down.

Double post, so sue me.

Saw a funny yesterday and forgot to post it. I stopped for gas yesterday around noon. A guy pulls in to the other side of the pump I am on, starts the gas, and then walks into the store. The sun was out and there was a pleasant breeze, almost perfect early summer weather, so the females were dressed accordingly. A blonde came jiggling out of the store and over to a pump over from mine... skin tight purple tank top, pink hot shorts. And I do mean jiggling. The guy comes out of the store behind her and he has his eyes locked on the blonde as she is now bent over into the driver's side looking for something in the center console. The dude almost walks into my car. He goes over to his car all the while staring at this chick. He gets in, starts the car, and pulls away... with the gas nozzle still in his tank. Pulled that sucker right off the pump. Thankfully it had already kicked off. Dude was super embarrassed by it but the station said not to worry about it. All I could do was laugh my butt off about it.

Double post, so sue me.

Saw a funny yesterday and forgot to post it. I stopped for gas yesterday around noon. A guy pulls in to the other side of the pump I am on, starts the gas, and then walks into the store. The sun was out and there was a pleasant breeze, almost perfect early summer weather, so the females were dressed accordingly. A blonde came jiggling out of the store and over to a pump over from mine... skin tight purple tank top, pink hot shorts. And I do mean jiggling. The guy comes out of the store behind her and he has his eyes locked on the blonde as she is now bent over into the driver's side looking for something in the center console. The dude almost walks into my car. He goes over to his car all the while staring at this chick. He gets in, starts the car, and pulls away... with the gas nozzle still in his tank. Pulled that sucker right off the pump. Thankfully it had already kicked off. Dude was super embarrassed by it but the station said not to worry about it. All I could do was laugh my butt off about it.
When I worked at the gas station I saw this all the time.

Back
Top Bottom