Potentially the longest thread in history...

^ people aren't going to just sit down. People will fight for what they believe is right, not sure what's the right way to fight, people seem to be against protesting, but who know what is the right and wrong way.
I've lived in a country where you can't really speak against the government and if you do you get locked up or deported.
And it really sucks how much people hate our new healthcare system, I know it isn't perfect but I know personally how much it's helped people in my family or others within my state in general, I do know that it's really different depending on where you live.
Right now my sister is working in the capital fighting to keep it or something but whatever happens I hope it benefits the majority.

And yeah I try forgetting about fb sometimes because I see crazy stuff on both sides, Pokemon Go was a good distraction when it came out.
Maybe we should all get away from this topic now, and just go back to talking about games, tech and other good stuff, this political stuff can be poison. Me and one of my very close friend/cousin have completely opposite opinions and things almost got bad once and we had to stop and now we don't bring any of that stuff up, just stick to Vikings, Timberwolves and gaming talk.

^ people aren't going to just sit down. People will fight for what they believe is right, not sure what's the right way to fight, people seem to be against protesting, but who know what is the right and wrong way.
Protests are fine, the way millennials have been doing it is not (or the idiot rioters). Thing is, deep down everybody knows what I say is true. He's the president, it's not really going to change ****, they need to calm the **** down and work on themselves. Each president really has only done one thing that has affected the nation as a whole on a personal level give or take. I think Trump doing the Eastern ban is his one thing. It MIGHT be two if he repeals Obamacare or rewrites it so it isn't just forced ****ing insurance. I'm sorry, the other side of Obamacare might be helping some people but it's hurting the majority. I'm going to be fined this tax season because my employers are **** and wouldn't get me in the system quick enough to sign up for insurance. Not only does that hurt me financially from a medical standpoint, but it hurts me later because I'll be fined. All Obamacare is for most people is forced insurance or a nice fine during tax season. Anyways...

Maybe we should all get away from this topic now, and just go back to talking about games, tech and other good stuff, this political stuff can be poison
Political talk technically is forbidden on the boards anyways.

Had an interview today, went amazingly. Best interview I've ever had. I gave thorough, detailed, and relevant answers to all questions, discussed through points, and at the end I brought out my annotated copy of the job specifications and used my "Ask us questions!" time at the end to dig deeper into the role which they seemed to love.

This was after a skills test in the morning which I thought went disastrously :p

Did my first lesson on a full sized bike. Still restricted for A2 license, but that still makes it 47hp and about 70nm of torque. I drive a fast car, but I can say with confidence that 47hp on a motorbike is just great for a beginner. I never got near full throttle and still felt like the bike had plenty of zip for safe overtaking and fun. I did about 50% throttle at 50mph in 5th and it pulled nice and smoothly with ease. Absolutely great. Had an epic fun day. I really don't care if I fail my test now, because the lessons are fun anyway.

Previously I was annoyed about being A2 restricted til 24, but having actually tried one. ZERO issues, feels awesome.

Bikes are so fun man I encourage everyone to give it a go if you have the time/money to get a license and bike. Probably wouldn't reccomend it if you have people who are dependent on you being alive for obvious reasons (I think the death rate is 60x higher than car drivers or something). But if you don't... you gotta try it. It's the closest thing to flying without jumping out a plane ;)

Had an interview today, went amazingly. Best interview I've ever had. I gave thorough, detailed, and relevant answers to all questions, discussed through points, and at the end I brought out my annotated copy of the job specifications and used my "Ask us questions!" time at the end to dig deeper into the role which they seemed to love.

This was after a skills test in the morning which I thought went disastrously :p

Sounds promising overall :p

Bikes are so fun man I encourage everyone to give it a go if you have the time/money to get a license and bike. Probably wouldn't reccomend it if you have people who are dependent on you being alive for obvious reasons (I think the death rate is 60x higher than car drivers or something). But if you don't... you gotta try it. It's the closest thing to flying without jumping out a plane ;)

I'd love to get a bike license, probably will one of these days but yeah the whole thing about being basically on a slightly chunky bike on the freeway surrounded by morons in cars? Kinda puts me off a little :p my aunt got rear ended at a red light by a guy who wasn't looking one time, ****ed her back and leg up just like that :/

Sounds promising overall :p

I'd love to get a bike license, probably will one of these days but yeah the whole thing about being basically on a slightly chunky bike on the freeway surrounded by morons in cars? Kinda puts me off a little :p my aunt got rear ended at a red light by a guy who wasn't looking one time, ****ed her back and leg up just like that :/

Mainly depends what your intentions are. I would never only have a bike. So basically my car is for boring practical stuff and the bike is for fun. That means I will only ride my bike in fair weather. I won't be hitting the road in rain and ice and pitch black. Secondly, you can be dumb and ride around in T shirt and shorts and then die when you become a mangled mess on the pavement. OR you can get quality gear, a great helmet, thick leathers that let you slide, a good back and chest protector, or even an inflatable air bag style jacket. You can still easily die, but it makes a pretty big difference.

Also your riding style. There are things you can do to help avoid the kind of accident your aunt had. Sometimes they are impossible to avoid, but you can try. For a start if you are turning left or right at a junction, you position yourself in either position 1 or 3 respectively. This means cars can and should be able to go either side of you as you'll be right at the edge of the lane. If you are going straight ahead and stick in position 2 (centre lane) you can leave a good 2 or 3 meter gap between you and the car infront. Keep it in 1st gear. See a car approaching from behind too fast ? you can dart off and atleast try and get out of the way. You can't do that if your front wheel is 1 foot from the cars bumper infront. And ofcourse, if it's legal in Aus, you can filter through traffic to be at the front so you will rarely have to wait between cars anyway.

I'm not going to make out like it's safe, of course it isn't :p but there are a lot of things you can do to improve your chances. I wish there were a statistic for death/serious injury rate for riders fitted with quality gear and riding sensibly and defensively. I feel like these squids doing 100mph wheelies in shorts and t-shirt skew the numbers a fair bit.

https://youtu.be/X3tREs_ycck?t=39

Yeah makes sense, seem like some good ideas lol. I'd be interested in finding stats for just well prepared riders too.
In semi-related news, my mate just bought a 4x4 for us to go offroading in, so that should be fun and equally as dangerous if not more so :p

Yeah makes sense, seem like some good ideas lol. I'd be interested in finding stats for just well prepared riders too.
In semi-related news, my mate just bought a 4x4 for us to go offroading in, so that should be fun and equally as dangerous if not more so :p

4x4'ing is awesome. My dad but a LR Discovery 2 about 7 or 8 years ago, fitted a snorkel, raised suspension, roll cage etc. We never got much chance to use it and unfortunately never got out the country with it either. But the few times we did use it, it was great fun :D It's a little scary though when your vehicle roll gauge is telling you you're about to roll the car :p

I wouldn't say it's particularly dangerous if you have a roll cage. If you don't, just don't do things that could result in your car being rolled if you F it up. 90% of offroading is doing between 0 and 20mph so there isn't a lot of opportunity for injury outside of rolling the car or falling off a cliff :p

A snorkel? Does it need to breathe underwater?

Yes. Literally.

If you're going through a river and the bow wave is coming over the bonnet, you can't exactly suck air in through the front grill below the bonnet ;) or you'll end up with a lot of water in your engine cylinders :p

The snorkel goes up the A pillar above the roof of the car. So you can drive though 1 to 1.5m deep water and your engine won't blow up.

snorkel-1.jpg

Today I recabled then network in our house, long overdue and damn feels so much better. Before we had spotty coverage and 5 different networks. Wifi now reaches every part properly and auto switches between zones. *fist pump*

4x4'ing is awesome. My dad but a LR Discovery 2 about 7 or 8 years ago, fitted a snorkel, raised suspension, roll cage etc. We never got much chance to use it and unfortunately never got out the country with it either. But the few times we did use it, it was great fun :D It's a little scary though when your vehicle roll gauge is telling you you're about to roll the car :p

Sounds like every man and his dog over here haha, everyone just has to have a meaty 4 wheeler...then they drive it to/from work in the city and never take it off the asphalt :rolleyes:
I've never done offroading in a proper vehicle, last couple times we used an old firetruck and the time before that we just stood up in teh back of a huge old ute :lol: still surprised nobody died that day

Back
Top Bottom