Potentially the longest thread in history...

Today is one of them really ****ty days where you feel crushingly low :(

I know the feeling I have felt like this for about a week. Christmas coming and I'm ill with the thought of it. Not interested and stressed to bits. I don't care about it and want it over and done with. As for crushingly low, I have slept a lot over the last two days to escape it.

I decided screw it, as a way to better my people skills and give my mood a boost I'm advertising free tech support around the place :p added a note that I'd prefer it be people who ordinarily can't afford to see a tech, but eh in the end I'm not vetting anyone. RIP phone tho T_T might need to change it to contact via email or something haha

2 weeks 5 days until the holidays start as well!

I decided screw it, as a way to better my people skills and give my mood a boost I'm advertising free tech support around the place :p added a note that I'd prefer it be people who ordinarily can't afford to see a tech, but eh in the end I'm not vetting anyone. RIP phone tho T_T might need to change it to contact via email or something haha

I bet $10 it does zero to boost your mood. People are *******s. This will follow you for years. "You did something to my laptop last year, now it's broke, what are you going to do about it?"

I am surprised you think this is a good idea considering you already work in support.

In other news. Awww yis Italy. Watching the EU collapse is like a several year long Scorsese epic.

Last edited:
In other news. Awww yis Italy. Watching the EU collapse is like a several year long Scorsese epic.

Funny thing is I'm very pro-EU, as you know, but also generally unfussed about global/semi-international politics beyond sharing memes. All I can really do is vote when I can and sit back watch the result, good or bad (which doesn't necessarily relate to what I voted for), and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Currently crapping myself as I've been scheduled for my first court appearance on Thursday (to give evidence on a case I worked on). Of course, they can't tell me what time on Thursday (sometime between 10am and 2pm). Also it's in bloody St Albans which takes forever to get to if you don't drive.

Bloody St Albans indeed :/ hate that place

I bet $10 it does zero to boost your mood. People are *******s. This will follow you for years. "You did something to my laptop last year, now it's broke, what are you going to do about it?"

I just tell everyone there's a large queue so I just choose whoever I reckon actually needs it, and believe it or not they're pretty ****in appreciative xD but you're probably right about what's gonna happen later :p I don't really care about the pushier people, pointedly ignore them and they generally get the message hehe

Google Voice?

@Soul ..

I guarantee you'll be sick of your days when things get moving.

Man were to start. I used to do tech support in my local community for people and I did it for the experience at no charge. I was getting calls daily and people knocking on my door and bring their computers to me for a "free service" and in the end I said F it. I'm not doing no more. Their was that many P*** takers you'll be surprised at how many people enjoy a freebie.

People were coming and asking for computers to buy off me for £50. I'm like a basic built will cost £300 . Its unreal how many people think because you know or have quals in I.T expect something for nothing.

I have never been like this. I pay for everything. Why. Because I owe people jack **** at the end of the day. Their no free in this life. Never has, and never will be.

unfortunately people are just horrible greedy creatures.

I refuse now to fix anyones PC not because I can't but because its not worth the hassle. My nabour recently wanted a new laptop but wouldn't pay more than £50 for it. I fobbed her off and told her I cant help not because I cant but wont. Simple as that.

This whole issue of tech support for free is a sensitive topic with me because their are so many free loaders its unreal.

Amazon Go

YES. This is what I have wanted for years. I wonder how much it costs to implement though, over self checkout and normal manned checkout systems.

Back
Top Bottom