Can I SLI from two different brands?

Can't wait to see how much of a leap the new generation of GPUs is. I'm hoping it's significant so we can get into the 4K era a little easier.

Plus, it will be awesome if Direct X 12 actually does get multi-GPU support where completely different cards can work together. I know it won't do any good for non-DX12 games, but it could be good for the future, especially if they can stack VRAM.

Nvidia has quoted me twice 50% per watt, plus all the added FP16 performance will actually help in gaming. The addition of async compute queueing being natively supported and compute/graphics pipelines running in parallel will make that happen. Pascal has a lot riding on it. I wouldn't expect GP104 to push us into 4k, that'll be up to GP100.

DX12 does support multi-card use, it's up to developers to integrate it so we already know it won't happen.

What I think would be cool would be if developers did use the multi-GPU functionality, and it could use our unused integrated graphics as a boost.

Nah. Won the chip at Quakecon, the board I got off Ebay for 50 bucks. Used the chip basically since the year it came out and I plan on using it until I actually need to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom