Potentially the longest thread in history...

I did not know that at all about SD.

So you can get drivers licenses at 14? Or do you get permits at 14?

Same here with the farmers. I don't know if there even is a minimum age for driving a tractor on the road.

We get our permit at 14, and we have to drive with a parent / guardian for 6 months (if we took drivers-ed, or 1 year if we did not take drivers-ed). At 16, we get our Restricted License, which we can drive wherever we want, without a parent/guardian, but cannot drive after 10pm. Then at 18, we get our Unrestricted (under 21) license, where we can drive at anytime.

Ezio's new shirt he got today.

550193_485811391454138_276430462_n.jpg

Edit: Posting this at 2:38am. That awkward moment when only one other person is on Facebook and you can't talk to them.

Last edited:
Re: Today I have...

Sad to be back at work after a 4-day weekend, but only a 4-day work week to get through :D

Had someone today who insisted there was no start menu to be seen, damn I love phone support!

"Please click the Start menu on the bottom left hand corner of your screen"
"No there's no start button"
"Are you sure?"
"Yep it's not here"
"Hmmm...well if you c-"
"Ohwait here it is"

mfw XD...T_T

Last edited:

So, today I was presented another job opportunity in Germany. I really want to take it. I'm going over next week to spend a few days on the job and make my decision. The only thing holding me back is my family. My wife and son don't speak fluent German, so getting her a job would be nearly impossible, and he would struggle immensely in school, even with an exchange student program where he would take some classes in English. This has always been my dream, but now I just don't know if I can do it. Should I force them to go over with me and follow my dream, or wait and see if I ever have the opportunity again?

It's not difficult to learn a new language, especially if you're surrounded by it. Might take a few months or so before they're semi-fluent enough to get around, but guaranteed it'll pick up fast from there. My sister's been in Germany for ~1.5 months, definitely has been the case for her.

I'd say the same thing as I said last time: go over a month early yourself, leave the family to start brushing up on their german and get things sorted at home, while you get things ready over there.
Germany is a nice place to live, and the distance from so many other cultural areas is great too. A 1hr $70 flight can get you into any number of other countries, I'd definitely want that for my kid. Travelling really opens your eyes in a way that not much else can.

Last edited:

Today I went to work, came home, made dinner for the family, and am now doing homework.
Woohoo!

I have a friend who has just went up too Scotland for Work purposes yesterday, mite sound corny but I'll be missing him as we hang out all the time together. Apart from do My shopping, and bye a couple of lotto tickets nothing much happening in the World of Spud1200. To be quite honest I wouldn't Mind another PC, desktop to run along side this Laptop I have, been thinking about it for a while as I got rid of a load of stuff not so long back. As to which I now regret.

Back
Top Bottom