Assassin's Creed 3 (no spoilers)

Puckett

Daemon Poster
So AC3 showed up yesterday and I popped it in, all excited, and then I was completely bewildered. "Wait, where's Lucy?" I asked. "Why is Q doing a voice?"

And then I remembered I hadn't actually FINISHED AC:Brotherhood, and ... well, y'know, kinda hadn't STARTED AC:Revelations ...

So I'm playing catch-up right now. And feeling more than a little chagrined.

I finished ACB last night and I'm working on ACR now. WOW. I was shocked. Also, I kept saying Kristen Bell should play Lucy in a movie version ... only to see Kristen Bell's name in the credits, voicing Lucy.

Do yourself a favor and finish the other games first - not only does it effect the whole Desmond storyline, the games are still fun and the end of revelations has a cool little moment with Ezio and another certain assassin ;)

Off topic, I have to wait until Christmas to get my hands on AC3 because my gf wants to get it for me for Christmas...so in the meantime I'll pretty much have Halo 4 & Black Ops 2 to keep me occupied, along with the usually NHL/FIFA mix.

Do yourself a favor and finish the other games first - not only does it effect the whole Desmond storyline, the games are still fun and the end of revelations has a cool little moment with Ezio and another certain assassin ;)

Yeah, I'm going through ACR right now. I'm trying to balance my usual play style of do a lot of stuff (i.e. all the sync points, buy all the properties, etc.) with some speed since I'd like to play AC3 sometime in the next week. I should have played it over the summer like I planned to. *mutters at himself*

I finished AC3 yesterday, just the main missions no side quests. I love the world, especially the ship battles. Its a nice change from the other AC games. What I dont like is the AI, they all have eyes like eagles, hiding is a bit ridiculous and not a fan of the new fighting style. Lots of glitches in the game as well. Its a nice change from the rest, and again love the world, but the previous 2 AC games felt more polished to me.

I finished AC3 yesterday, just the main missions no side quests. I love the world, especially the ship battles. Its a nice change from the other AC games. What I dont like is the AI, they all have eyes like eagles, hiding is a bit ridiculous and not a fan of the new fighting style. Lots of glitches in the game as well. Its a nice change from the rest, and again love the world, but the previous 2 AC games felt more polished to me.

Word. The control scheme in previous games was difficult, but the new scheme is simplified to the point of absurdity and making the game more difficult. I wanted a classic scheme which let me use the old AC controls.

Still, it looks great, I'm loving the open world aspect of it because it's SO much bigger than previous AC worlds (even in the original Assassin's Creed) and it's easily one of my favorite games this year.

Word. The control scheme in previous games was difficult, but the new scheme is simplified to the point of absurdity and making the game more difficult. I wanted a classic scheme which let me use the old AC controls.

Still, it looks great, I'm loving the open world aspect of it because it's SO much bigger than previous AC worlds (even in the original Assassin's Creed) and it's easily one of my favorite games this year.

The old way worked and worked well. I also find with this character, he blends in in a fight, so sometimes I lose track of where I am. The world does seem smaller as there is load times between sections, but I do love the difference between city and wilderness.

I want to play AC3. The thought of it taking place in the American Revolution grabs my interest. unfortunately, I haven't even played AC2. While AC2 seems a lot better and improved than AC1, I just lost all interest.

The thought of needing to play through AC2, AC:Brotherhood and AC:Revelation JUST to play AC3 and understand everything... it kind of puts me off or overwhelms me.

Oh well, maybe in a few years =/

Back
Top Bottom