Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

You can have a dark grey background. Though the icons are still colored.

Yeah erm Steams reported speeds are often wrong. It told me I was downloading a 650Kbps a while ago which is impossible on a 3Mbit sync. And unsurprisingly it still took the same amount of time to DL as it it would of at 300Kbps.

makes sense, I did think that it was wrong. The download just finished so im off to play Witcher 2.

Also the clothes I ordered came to today so i signed for them :) very interesting day.

They are Trans Am cars and will do track as well.

The most common S2000 mod is a V6 swap for better competition with the big boys. The only 4banger motor I respect is the Boxer.

Edit: I'm looking for pics or videos of at least one of the 67s on the track website. Not having any luck so far.

Edit2: I just lold ****ing hard.

e334a2dd4

I've never heard of a V6 swap and I read a couple of the biggest s2k enthusiast forums. It would be completely pointless, there aren't many high performance V6 engines out there and the few that are wouldn't give you enough of a power advatage to make up for ruining the car's weight distribution. Besides the f20c can make plenty of power with boost. The only swap I have ever heard of is an ls1 but those are extremely rare since you are looking at spending $10-12k to do it right.

You do realize that there isn't a single naturally aspirated boxer 4 out there that can match the 12 year old f20c right?

I can't see those Mustangs doing well at all on a real track.

metro even looked bad in my office. I'll take a dark slick interface over some garish colored blocks anyday.

also you can't change the font.... i hate segoeui. so sick of seeing nothing but it. I change all my fonts to candara and it's much nicer and friendlier looking and prettier.

Couldn't agree more. I hate it. It looks like a rainbow threw up or something...

Grand Caravan? What year? One the older ones with a 3.3l V6 or larger v6? They used a transmission similar to the ones in earlier intrepids, horrible transmissions. Drop it off at a shop and let them do a rebuild if you really wanna keep it. Make damned sure that shop doesn't but dex in the tranny, Dodge loves ATF4, not "dex with an additive to make it compatable". Nothing but a load of horse ****, and chem tests show it.

2003 Grand Caravan EX (fully loaded) FWD 3.8L V6. Will think about having the tranny rebuilt... Might just end up having to find another car. Used of course, I ain't taking on anymore payments.

WOOOO! I got a job !!! Kind of..

The good news is I got a full time job starting 23rd July. It's as a Microsoft Hardware and Networking apprenticeship.
The bad news is because it's an apprenticeship, the pay is only £3.20 an hour, which doesn't even meet the national minimum wage of £4.98 an hour. Sucks harsh, I only end up with about $180 a week - of which $80 will go on fuel. So I have $100 left, which is pretty ****ty.

On the plus side it's $100 more than I get at the moment, and I get a Microsoft MCTS qualifcation, and two City & Guilds hardware/networking qualifcations.. which will hopefully get me a real job in the sector after the years apprenticeship where I am earning more like $400 a week.

WOOOO! I got a job !!! Kind of..

The good news is I got a full time job starting 23rd July. It's as a Microsoft Hardware and Networking apprenticeship.
The bad news is because it's an apprenticeship, the pay is only £3.20 an hour, which doesn't even meet the national minimum wage of £4.98 an hour. Sucks harsh, I only end up with about $180 a week - of which $80 will go on fuel. So I have $100 left, which is pretty ****ty.

On the plus side it's $100 more than I get at the moment, and I get a Microsoft MCTS qualifcation, and two City & Guilds hardware/networking qualifcations.. which will hopefully get me a real job in the sector after the years apprenticeship where I am earning more like $400 a week.

Sounds like MOST jobs in the states when you figure out the USD prices....

I've never heard of a V6 swap and I read a couple of the biggest s2k enthusiast forums. It would be completely pointless, there aren't many high performance V6 engines out there and the few that are wouldn't give you enough of a power advatage to make up for ruining the car's weight distribution. Besides the f20c can make plenty of power with boost. The only swap I have ever heard of is an ls1 but those are extremely rare since you are looking at spending $10-12k to do it right.

You do realize that there isn't a single naturally aspirated boxer 4 out there that can match the 12 year old f20c right?

I can't see those Mustangs doing well at all on a real track.
As soon as you type in "s2000 v6 swap" there are a ton of articles that come up, the first few links being Youtube and s2ki.com. Never hearing of it would be pretty hard if you were on so called "enthusiast" forums. It's like going to a tech forum and not knowing what the GTX 690 is.

You do realize I don't care right? I respect the engine for what it is, not because of its HP rating.

They do quite well.

So i'm not even being paid US minimum wage, which is less than ours, and you have 40% lower living expenses..I feel like the employer is getting a better deal than I am.

Back
Top Bottom