Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I got stuck along the highway because one of our cars decided it was going to stall when I stopped in construction. So, my son drives our old Caravan so he can have more people with him and such. Not that he enjoys minivans :wink: Anyways. Since everyone here is so knowledgeable about cars, and Google has turned up no answer to my question, here's my problem:

The van: 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX. 3.8L V6, FWD. Besides the fact that it isn't all wheel drive, it was fully loaded for the model year. It has 140,xxx miles on it, got tuned up at around 105k. It starts up fine, gets regular oil changes, and got a new battery in April. After starting it and driving, when you come to a stop, the RPM's DROP. The thing is idling at like 4-500rpm. I know that's too low for the car. I can't remember how high it used to idle, but I know it was higher then that. It gets so low you can't even hear the engine. That's with AC off. Turn the AC on, and it spikes up a few hundred, then back down it goes. It's using, and always has since day one 87 gas. No ethanol. Weather here is averaging 86f lately, but it does this in all weather. Usually kept in the garage. So, help? :angel:

caravans are ****.... tranny breaks down all the time in those... so many transmission probs they are not work it.

Bit late but I went up to London yesterday and Thorpe Park (theme park) a few days ago. Surprised myself by going on most of the rides (I left out all the **** ones).

Saw the new Spiderman film aswell. Enjoyed it, surprisingly funny.

Today I got stuck along the highway because one of our cars decided it was going to stall when I stopped in construction. So, my son drives our old Caravan so he can have more people with him and such. Not that he enjoys minivans :wink: Anyways. Since everyone here is so knowledgeable about cars, and Google has turned up no answer to my question, here's my problem:

The van: 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX. 3.8L V6, FWD. Besides the fact that it isn't all wheel drive, it was fully loaded for the model year. It has 140,xxx miles on it, got tuned up at around 105k. It starts up fine, gets regular oil changes, and got a new battery in April. After starting it and driving, when you come to a stop, the RPM's DROP. The thing is idling at like 4-500rpm. I know that's too low for the car. I can't remember how high it used to idle, but I know it was higher then that. It gets so low you can't even hear the engine. That's with AC off. Turn the AC on, and it spikes up a few hundred, then back down it goes. It's using, and always has since day one 87 gas. No ethanol. Weather here is averaging 86f lately, but it does this in all weather. Usually kept in the garage. So, help? :angel:

caravans are ****.... tranny breaks down all the time in those... so many transmission probs they are not work it.
I think she may be on to something. Mine used to do that real bad in the Mustang until I changed the clutch. It still does it sometimes with the AC on. IMO it could be that (trans issues even with auto), vac leak, bad gasket, compression, or ECU going bonkers.

she needs to stay away from her family... sounds like they are toxic people that are only making her instability worse.... that is also NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE KID!!!

Ezio is gonna learn from that and be manipulative and backstabbing and crap like that and that is no env. for a little one.

and WTF made them do this crap anyways? did some little bird say the wrong thing again?
Her grandma posted on my status then messaged me. She took what I had to say the wrong way and decided to tell Mariah I shouldn't talk about her that way. All I did was said it is terrible that it has taken her this long to really get her act in gear. Was more like 2 paragraphs worth of stuff but not down talking her really at all. They just like to twist words to make me look like the bad guy.

Should I attempt anything myself, or just drop it off a the garage down the road?

And Caravans are most certainly not ****. That was the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned.

has the idle been adjusted? my celica keeps doing that **** too.... it idles too low on red lights and I keep having to hit the gas or try to keep it revved up or do something with it.... occasionally it stalls. ****es me off. its bad during red lights with tons of traffic.... my bro adjusted the idle before it and was fine now its back doing that **** again.... i think a couple other things might need adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom