Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

:OhGodWhy: Trotter. I see these trollicons getting used a lot. :LOL:.

and no one reply with :YouMad:. There are going to be so many replies with just a trollicon on the forums now.

Edit: in case anyone asks it's not that i object to them, They will just be overused (I will probably also).

They are comparing Google which has been around for many years to Siri which has been around for about 8 months and is in beta. It's not really fair. Google is a huge search giant, you would expect it to be better.

Siri is definitely not perfect, but for something which even Apple label as Beta it's not that bad. Not good enough for me to use, but not terrible either. Give it 2 or 3 years and compare them both then, it will be fairer - though i'd probably expect Siri to still lose.

So remind me again, which one of them spent millions on advertising their voice assistant as the best thing since sliced bread? Just another classic case of using marketing as a tool to con the uninformed.

So remind me again, which one of them spent millions on advertising their voice assistant as the best thing since sliced bread? Just another classic case of using marketing as a tool to con the uninformed.

hint in case anyone is struggling:

One of these a day will keep the doctor away.

Don't know if this phrase is used in other countries so hint 2:

The company shares the name of a fruit that grows on trees and ends in pple

Whats your point ? What did you expect them to say ?

"This is Siri. It's in beta, so really it's not that amazing right now. But it will be in a year or two. Our competitors will release something similar soon as well" Com'on man it's advertising all advertising ********s to you. Atleast it was the first voice assistant to give you more human like feedback and actually listen to what you say instead more or less.

And now everyone is copying it or upgrading their years old awful voice systems to try and compete, and then dissing Siri at the same time.

:TheFuu: Ever thought about a few new SATA cables, and a new case?

I've a tonne of sata cables lying around, so I swapped them over and it worked. Why would I buy new ones ?

Cases cost 150+ and are purely aesthetic unless your super worried about temps. I can never justify it over a component that will improve performance.

Anyone want to buy an iPhone 4? I'm stuck 1 more year with it. Can't stand it.

Siri is also the biggest joke in the history of voice recognition.

Me: Siri, Call Mike
Siri: I found two hotels near you.
Me: No, Call Mike
Siri: (Exits and brings me to home screen.)

Betas for Windows Me were more stable and XP had a better recognition tool.

Oh, I thought you meant you had no new SATA cables :p And if your case is that hard to work with, maybe it should be the next upgrade? The rest of your system is nice :)

Oh, I thought you meant you had no new SATA cables :p And if your case is that hard to work with, maybe it should be the next upgrade? The rest of your system is nice :)

Yep, it is. I shall see. Gotta save up for Haswell, though ;)

If I ever get a damned job in this crappy economy then hopefully I can afford both.

Today I DJ'd a 4th of July party. And I was in charge of the fireworks. These people were ****ing awesome, which is a nice change. They gave me like $4500 a few weeks ago for fireworks, which I don't normally do, but they were legit the coolest people I've ever met... I had this smoke grenade thing that you pull the little string and throw it; It smelled like eggs... I yelled "Frag Out" into the mic and threw it into the middle of the party.. Needless to say, I'm totally going back there. The lappy is holding up pretty damn well, too. :TrueStory:

Siri isn't even on iPhone 4 so **** knows how you managed that.

It's not some miracle thing from the future. You still have to speak clearly, and not in a loud environment. Over exagerate your words in a complicated sentence and it will get it right. If it's a short command like "time 10minutes" it works every time for me.

Back
Top Bottom