Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

My Burst at 1.2ghz is smoother than my wife's Vivid at 1.2ghz. I love this phone. It's a damn tank. Rooted, with bloatware removed, I can easily have it underclocked even further and still be smooth. I get what you mean though. I used a RAZR clocked at 1.2 and thought it was the worst thing ever. And guys, why would Kman care about OCing a phone? He bought a 2600. C'mon...

Correct. I hate overclocking. It uses more power, makes more heat, and makes BF3 run at 96fps instead of 91fps.

So worth it!

Little bit of an update, after removing bloatware, fixing up my home screen, and overall having a rooted phone I have the scaler back on. If battery isn't too much of an issue, I will probably overclock just because I can.

Little bit of an update, after removing bloatware, fixing up my home screen, and overall having a rooted phone I have the scaler back on. If battery isn't too much of an issue, I will probably overclock just because I can.

Pretty much sums up overclocking full stop as far as i'm concerned :p When a game chokes my 2600 stock i'll let you all know :grin:

I've generally found the speed on my S2 perfectly fine. It helps I have a pure ICS ROM and very little on it. Tbh I was thinking of putting it down to 1GHz from 1.2 to save battery, but it lasts me longer than I need so it would make no difference. I don't game on it much, the most taxing thing I do is Youtube videos :p

Yea the official ROMs from the carriers are complete rubbish but after not being able to put CM9 on my phone and failing hard I just decided to give up on aftermarket ROMs. Turned off all animations too. I hate animations.

Same, I always turn off animations. And I'm glad they stopped using that annoying 'bounce' when you scroll to the end of something. Looks nice at first but gets tiring.

Well you do because one of you just said so I can't remember who. You overclock because you need to. To try and make it smooth. But whatever you do, games will never look as good as those on iOS and the UI will never be as smooth and reliable. iOS can't get smoother, there is no room for improvement. The only waiting on iOS is for apps to load and web pages to load, but you get that on every computer in existence.

Actually some of the new TegraZone games they showed off at IO seem to put most if not all iOS games to shame. Generally if a game is available for iOS and TegraZone the Tegra version looks better. After all Nvidia has tons of gaming experience while Apple has next to none.

Plus we can use real controllers on Android.

Correct. I hate overclocking. It uses more power, makes more heat, and makes BF3 run at 96fps instead of 91fps.

So worth it!

I have to disagree with you there. My 2600k (well, my kids now) was running at 5.2 since release day and it didn't put out much more heat than my friends did at 4.0. Then again I had mine water cooled in a 65 degree room :tongue:

Of course a TegraZone game is going to look better, they had help and support from Nvidia who support Android tablets using Tegra. The clue is in the name. TegraZone, for Tegra tablets. Not iOS. Even if the iPad 3 had an i7 with HD4000 GPU the tegrazone one would still look better, you can guarantee it.

That controller argument is just ridiculous, who the hell is going to carry a controller around with them to play crappy tablet games. It just defeats the point of a nice portable tablet with simple casual games.

I'm sure if Imagination decided to make a PowerVGRZone the games would look way better than on Android..

I have to disagree with you there. My 2600k (well, my kids now) was running at 5.2 since release day and it didn't put out much more heat than my friends did at 4.0. Then again I had mine water cooled in a 65 degree room :tongue:

Go ahead and disagree :p , it's physics, overclocked CPUs emit more heat energy than non overclocked cpu's.

Of course a TegraZone game is going to look better, they had help and support from Nvidia who support Android tablets using Tegra. The clue is in the name. TegraZone, for Tegra tablets. Not iOS. Even if the iPad 3 had an i7 with HD4000 GPU the tegrazone one would still look better, you can guarantee it.

That controller argument is just ridiculous, who the hell is going to carry a controller around with them to play crappy tablet games. It just defeats the point of a nice portable tablet with simple casual games.

I'm sure if Imagination decided to make a PowerVGRZone the games would look way better than on Android..

Go ahead and disagree :p , it's physics, overclocked CPUs emit more heat energy than non overclocked cpu's.

I said it didn't put out much more than the (close to) stock one. When properly cooled, the 2600k put out some impressive numbers at low temps. For any other processor (bar the 2500k) I would agree with you.

Edit: iPad 3? Did I miss something?

Back
Top Bottom