Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

With no root it's rubbish. I can't make SetCPU keep my CPU at max to keep the phone smooth like I did in 2.3. I oughta shoot the bloke that sent me that text, cause otherwise I wouldn't have known or cared :|

Your phone wasn't smooth unless it was at max? Mines still on 2.3 and I have it set to never go above 1.2ghz and it's still smooth. From what I've heard it'll have an ICS update very soon.

Lol my Incredible is smooth with CM9 ICS, and I even have my CPU underclocked by about 200MHz lol.

Your phone wasn't smooth unless it was at max? Mines still on 2.3 and I have it set to never go above 1.2ghz and it's still smooth. From what I've heard it'll have an ICS update very soon.
Max for me is 1.2. I always kept it there because the scaling wasn't too good and it bugged me. Plus, I have a 1.2ghz dual core and I want to use it.

Lol my Incredible is smooth with CM9 ICS, and I even have my CPU underclocked by about 200MHz lol.
Official update has bloatware which slows things way down.

On that note, I'm rooted so now things are fast again AND I can OC to 1.6 now. Let the roasting begin.

Atleast it's fast, responsive. ICS on Transformer Prime is a lagfest compared to iPad.

edit:

Lolwut, y'all have to set your CPU's to max for smoothness ? Thats kinda ****.

Have to? Nah.. we get to overclock :).

Well you do because one of you just said so I can't remember who. You overclock because you need to. To try and make it smooth. But whatever you do, games will never look as good as those on iOS and the UI will never be as smooth and reliable. iOS can't get smoother, there is no room for improvement. The only waiting on iOS is for apps to load and web pages to load, but you get that on every computer in existence.

It comes down to what you're used to, I've used a burst at 1.5ghz and it wasn't anywhere close to as smooth as my S2 at stock.

I'm running the most conservative governor my kernel allows and my phone is still buttery smooth on stock 4.0.4, i keep meaning to drop the max clock speed to 1ghz but keep forgetting to.

Well you do because one of you just said so I can't remember who. You overclock because you need to. To try and make it smooth.
That's because of stock bloatware and such. Straight-up Android is smooth. If we all "have to OC to get it smooth" then why did I say I underclock my phone, and it's still smooth?

Like I said before, android isn't as smooth as it should be, because not all phones are HWA-enabled. Put HWA on the phone, and they fly even on old devices (like mine).

But whatever you do, games will never look as good as those on iOS and the UI will never be as smooth and reliable. iOS can't get smoother, there is no room for improvement. The only waiting on iOS is for apps to load and web pages to load, but you get that on every computer in existence.
My AMOLED screen says otherwise. And my 720p ReZound will say otherwise, as well ;).

Don't even bring AMOLED into it. I hated AMOLED on my Vita so much I sold it. The colors are horrible, there are issues with dark spots in certain situations, banding issues with some specific shades of brown etc. At first you look at it and it's pretty sweet. But after a while you realise it's nasty. The only redeeming feature was great blacks.

720p @ 4.3" is like 5% more PPI than 4S. I can't see pixels on my 4S. Sure bigger screen is nice, but resolution wise they will look identical.

Lol, OLED has 150% of sRGB color space, no wonder it looks like utter crap.

It comes down to what you're used to, I've used a burst at 1.5ghz and it wasn't anywhere close to as smooth as my S2 at stock.

I'm running the most conservative governor my kernel allows and my phone is still buttery smooth on stock 4.0.4, i keep meaning to drop the max clock speed to 1ghz but keep forgetting to.

My Burst at 1.2ghz is smoother than my wife's Vivid at 1.2ghz. I love this phone. It's a damn tank. Rooted, with bloatware removed, I can easily have it underclocked even further and still be smooth. I get what you mean though. I used a RAZR clocked at 1.2 and thought it was the worst thing ever. And guys, why would Kman care about OCing a phone? He bought a 2600. C'mon...

Back
Top Bottom