Potentially the longest thread in history...

Fill in the blank area...

2029537594.png

2029539248.png

I pay $80ish a month...

By the way, does anyone else here watch Video Game High School by Freddiew?

I have no idea what it is.

Good!

They are karaoke discs carrying the "party tyme" branding that are not sung by the original artists, they are sung by the label's own artists covering pop,country, and dance songs. They are often found at stores like wal-mart.

Re: Today I have...

Today I was about to go to Tesco for some cereal bars.. turn first corner on road *CLUNK*. So i'm like, wtf, oh well carry on.. reach end of road, speed bump and right turn.. *CLUNK*. So at this point I realise something is definitely wrong, and just do a 180degree U turn mid road and go home, much more clunking on the way so I drive at about 20mph with my hazards on because it sounded like the front left wheel was about to fall off. Well I make it home, have a look around, can't see anything. But from some research and testing it is almost definitely the left front wheel CV Joint. For ****s sake.. can't afford the ******* thing but I don't have much choice.

Had this car less than a year and i've already gone through front and rear discs, front and rear brake pads, some emissions filter thing, a cam belt, wipers, a battery, and now a CV joint. This is why I want a brand spanking new car - no fear of anything serious going wrong.

Today I was about to go to Tesco for some cereal bars.. turn first corner on road *CLUNK*. So i'm like, wtf, oh well carry on.. reach end of road, speed bump and right turn.. *CLUNK*. So at this point I realise something is definitely wrong, and just do a 180degree U turn mid road and go home, much more clunking on the way so I drive at about 20mph with my hazards on because it sounded like the front left wheel was about to fall off. Well I make it home, have a look around, can't see anything. But from some research and testing it is almost definitely the left front wheel CV Joint. For ****s sake.. can't afford the ******* thing but I don't have much choice.

Had this car less than a year and i've already gone through front and rear discs, front and rear brake pads, some emissions filter thing, a cam belt, wipers, a battery, and now a CV joint. This is why I want a brand spanking new car - no fear of anything serious going wrong.
Does it make a grinding noise while trying to turn the wheels? Or is it more of a 'clonk' that just occurs going over bumps?
If it's the latter, I'd guess it's just the bushes

Does it make a grinding noise while trying to turn the wheels? Or is it more of a 'clonk' that just occurs going over bumps?
If it's the latter, I'd guess it's just the bushes

Neither.

No grinding noise, but the noise occurs randomly when turning whether moving or still. The loudest noises come when coming off a speed bump while turning. It's not the same sound everytime either, the severity/loudness of the clonk just seems to be random.

It's probably going to cost £150 to fix including labour :madd:

You get noises when turning moving OR sitting, you get clunks when doing speed bumps while turning. I suggest check your coil springs for failure, and strut mounts as well... A bad CV joint would result in very different symptoms, usually just a light tick, unless failed entirely, which, well, you will know if it fails entirely.

Back
Top Bottom