Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I don't worry about check engine lights if I know what the problem is. What is funny is, mine was on when I bought the car. Scanners said bank 1 and 2 were bad, compression problems, and o2. Well when I replaced the clutch and all that it went off and it's fine. Go figure.

Is that professional advice, a conclusion you came to after much internet research, or just a gut feeling?

Research and common sense. BMI only takes into account weight and height. Things like muscles and bone density throws the scale off, it's very limited. In the case of bone density (body frame), someone could have a small frame could be carrying too much fat, but their BMI would show as "healthy". Conversely, someone with a large frame (like me) could have a low percentage of body fat and be really healthy, but BMI will state they are overweight or obese, depending on their weight. This is why you sometimes see other people that weigh the same as you notice they LOOK much more overweight than you do. I have a few friends that look like they weigh more than me, but I outstrip them by a good margin.

That being said, I have a dense bone structure (I am quite literally "big boned"...as well as fat. Lol.) and large calf muscles. BMI states that my maximum "normal weight" is about 192 lbs (BMI of 24.9, just shy of being "overweight"). My goal of 225 is almost at the very end of the BMI spectrum for "overweight", it's actually just shy of obese...but for a guy of my height and body frame, it's actually a very healthy place to be weight-wise.

As for professional advice, the last time I took a body fat percentage test, I was told by the medical professional administering the test that my percentage was much lower than the average person with my BMI/weight. Not only that, but I consulted my doctor when we were getting started on this medicine to find out if my goal weight would still be healthy versus what BMI told me...he actually laughed when I mentioned BMI. He agreed that someone of my body frame would be hard pressed to even reach what BMI considered to be "healthy", and that 225 was a good goal, and possibly a realistic one if I continue the medicine and start exercising more.

EDIT: Also.

2028411400.png

Not exactly the best job, but I guess you could say I am the permanent karaoke DJ at a bar not far from where I live. Make decent money for just standing there for a few hours. Pretty much the only thing I can do right now till we get our own place again and can afford some day care we trust.

Back
Top Bottom