Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Go nicely dressed, but don't over do it. Dress shirt that brings out your good features, black dress pants, dress shoes, and a tie is optional. You're not going in for a CEO position, so don't go all out :p As for the actual interview: Casually mention your education. Do you have any kind of degree? Chances are, they don't give a rats ass about the actual degree, but they want to see that you took the time and were responsible enough to achieve that degree. If you don't have one, but have Certs in the industry, mention those. Also, mention any awards you've received that show off your work skills. Good luck, Kman!

Thanks

If it's for a professional position and not just a student job or something I would go with a nice suit myself but I admit that might be over dressing for some companies.

Well it's a full time job on £12K a year. About 10 or 15% above minimum wage. So it's not exatly a part time job stacking shelves at a supermarket, but neither is it a graduate job on £25K a year.

Thanks

Well it's a full time job on £12K a year. About 10 or 15% above minimum wage. So it's not exatly a part time job stacking shelves at a supermarket, but neither is it a graduate job on £25K a year.

I'd be sure to look at what the company is like just to get a feel for how formal they are. For example some firms have a more traditional big business culture where a suit would be expected while you'd look horribly out of place wearing one at Google.

I'm impressed you stood there for 20 minutes.
I highly enjoy a nice rain when I get the chance. Especially a non-severe storm like that one.

So yea, internet has been out at the house so haven't been on. The wifi at Walmart wouldn't let me on the site either. Came down to a friends for a night to chill and get away. Fortunately he has net so that's why I haven't been on.

Today I woke upto dogs barking, and sirens. Not typical sirens like police/fire/ambulance. But overheat sirens. Someone apparently came into my room while I was sleeping and turned all the equipment in my closet on because they wanted to watch a video stored on a server. Bad idea, as those alarms don't sound till it's basically too late to cool the stuff down before damage occurs. Gonna play with the one that was the hottest and see if it's ok. I just love idiots that turn my stuff on, then shut the door with no AC on.

What's the smallest HDD size that you would suggest for a gaming PC?

500GB.

I'm not that big on keeping loads of media and every game I own on my PC, yet I have used around 500GB in total, probably closer to 600GB.
That excludes my 1TB external disc which I do keep a lot of stuff on.

So yeah, 500GB minimum. Some would argue 1TB. But then it depends how many games you play and if you back up all your films and music onto your PC. Theoretically a couple hundred GB is fine for Windows 7, 4 or 5 games etc.

Totally unrelated, but which one do people here think is nicest / which would you choose for whatever reason ?

2012/13 BMW 1 Series
2012-BMW-1-Series-rendering-650x433.jpg

2012/13 Audi A3
generic_image.img.png

2012/13 Volkswagen Scirocco
scirocco---001_450.jpg

2012/13 Mercedes A Class
2013-Mercedes-A-Class-side-view.jpg

Thanks, I was trying to come up with a budget build. The lowest I could get for a whole build (well, the tower anyway) was about $329.09.

I don't know anything about cars, but the last one looks the best to me from those pictures.

500GB.

I'm not that big on keeping loads of media and every game I own on my PC, yet I have used around 500GB in total, probably closer to 600GB.
That excludes my 1TB external disc which I do keep a lot of stuff on.

So yeah, 500GB minimum. Some would argue 1TB. But then it depends how many games you play and if you back up all your films and music onto your PC. Theoretically a couple hundred GB is fine for Windows 7, 4 or 5 games etc.

Totally unrelated, but which one do people here think is nicest / which would you choose for whatever reason ?

2012/13 BMW 1 Series
2012-BMW-1-Series-rendering-650x433.jpg

2012/13 Audi A3
generic_image.img.png

2012/13 Volkswagen Scirocco
scirocco---001_450.jpg

2012/13 Mercedes A Class
2013-Mercedes-A-Class-side-view.jpg

How old are you? If you're younger, the top BMW. If you're older (50+) then the Mercedes. I believe you're in your 20's, correct? Those are all German cars, and in Germany it's mainly old people who drive MB's. Just saying :tongue: Personally, I'd go with the BMW or the VW.

Back
Top Bottom