What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Unless you plan on upgrading to 802.11ac hardware throughout your house soon there is little point. N is easily fast enough for me.

I really need to get a new router for my house too, can't decide whether to get one now though or wait for an ac capable model to start selling here

get AMPED WIRELESSS!!!!! and let us know how good it is for you.... LOL

Unless you plan on upgrading to 802.11ac hardware throughout your house soon there is little point. N is easily fast enough for me.

Moving from n to ac should be to wireless what moving from 100mbps to 1gbps was for wired connections. Not *quite* that extreme, but close to XD so excite! And I figure the client side of things will be out soon enough, probably around the same time they start selling the routers.

@remixed Lol I've seen you go on and on about amped, never bothered to check it out :p I think I'll finally do some research

Moving from n to ac should be to wireless what moving from 100mbps to 1gbps was for wired connections. Not *quite* that extreme, but close to XD so excite! And I figure the client side of things will be out soon enough, probably around the same time they start selling the routers.

@remixed Lol I've seen you go on and on about amped, never bothered to check it out :p I think I'll finally do some research
These AC routers are 1+Gb/s total bandwidth. As in one client receives 500 both ways ect kind of like the power line ethernet. Still not like wired, but getting closer. That is why you can get 450+Mb wireless N routers. More bandwidth wirelessly per client both ways to stream HD content and transfer files.

overview_gallery_overview.png

Back
Top Bottom