Potentially the longest thread in history...

I could not add my self as a friend in here .. :(

Untitled-1.jpg

Re: Today I have...

Long story...

So, I got the Andromeda Slipstream series box set, decided to rip it to HDD since some the discs are actually suffering from disc rot somehow. WinX DVD Ripper could not properly read the disc data (has issues with multi-show dvds) so I decided to go a bit... Old school since the box set doesnt have any form of encryption on the discs. Using DVD Decrypter I noticed 2x the amount of movie data, which wasn't normal to me. I came to a conclusion, the producers split each video into seperate files, and jumped the main audio feed between them between different languages, which is why my normal ripping software went bonkers with it. So, I went ahead and just grabbed the data, sorting all out nicely. Took around 10 minutes to copy each DVD till I hit ones that had too much rot. I just spent the last hour putting all the video files into Xilisoft for one season, going through each one to find the ones with the switched language, changed the track to a different default on those, then merged the split files into single files for a proper archive. In the end, I am looking at ~4 hours per season on my desktop, 50 hours on my laptop... Gotta love how technology has progressed over the last 4 years.

In the end, I am a very happy person, unless Xilisoft decides to crash like it has in the past with large batches.

Have the laptop do a single season, or part of one to help speed things up, noticed the temps, one temp probe must be going bad, HWMonitor showed that it maxed at 4463C and is currently at 62C. That was rather funny, brings a whole new expression when your holding a furnace in your lap.

GTX690 coming at us the 28th. Nothing but rapesville for Nvidia right now. I really want a 590 =/

Edit: My ISP is insanely pathetic. I can't download from anywhere over 250KB/s on a 5Mb connection BUT if I have my friend with FiOS get stuff for me and I download from him through Hamachi then I max my connection every time. PATHETIC!! Anybody wondering, the other WISP has a top end package of 5Mb too and my average download with them is around 500KB/s which is double that of this ****ternet. Decided not to go with them since we are moving next month and paying 162 bucks is just retarded for 1 month worth of connection.

GTX690 coming at us the 28th. Nothing but rapesville for Nvidia right now. I really want a 590 =/

I'm really hoping thats a duel GPU £500+ monster, otherwise I will be jealous. Not a fan of duel gpu cards, and I couldn't of afforded one so I will be okay with it.

Not that. I would just of been annoyed if I had only had my 680 for a week and then they release a better single GPU kepler card for not much more money. Would of been a kick in the teeth...

Not that. I would just of been annoyed if I had only had my 680 for a week and then they release a better single GPU kepler card for not much more money. Would of been a kick in the teeth...
That's how computer tech works. Had my 580 less than a month and the 680 was released. Rumor has it the 700s will come out in August.

Thats totally different though, 580 has been out a year. Your fault for getting one late in the game ;)

Releasing a GTX685 like a couple weeks after a 680 is harsh on everyone that bought a 680. Atleast give us advanced warning if they are going to do it. Anyway, looks like thats not the case.

Just read some Ivy Bridge 3770K reviews. Seems in transcoding, decoding, extracting and that sort of thing its about 2 to 15% quicker than a 2600K. In games it is almost identical and totally negligible from what I can tell.

I'll wait for Haswell.

Back
Top Bottom