Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Money is always the issue, unfortunately :|

Dude, I take my hat off to you, I don't think I would be able to stay in this country for 20(something) years without going away.
I'm almost 24 and have only left my country once when I was 16. I have only been out of this state a few times.

In my town computers on CL are somewhat overpriced, and the place is flooded with them.
Essentially 3-4 different guys buy all the University's old computers, format them, then sell them to the old folks at a premium.

So I was cruising CL, because decent deals do sometimes pop up, when I came across this gem:
Ultimate Gaming Machine + Equipment - $2500
(I did the math, its like $1,700 at most)

Part of me wishes him luck selling it, the other part of me hopes he gets stabbed when he goes to drop it off.

I love this line in the ad:
"I can even load any software you want for free."

LOL!

I'm almost 24 and have only left my country once when I was 16. I have only been out of this state a few times.

Somewhat similar here. I've been to Mexico once and to the Bahamas on a cruise. I have been out of state a lot, though... I think I have been in over 20 states so far.

At 16 we went on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas and when I was 14 I took a small vacation with my dad and sister up the east coast to Rhode Island to visit an uncle. We stopped off in Virginia to see a good friend of my dads and then continued up east. So I've been to Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. Almost all but 2 of those were in 1 trip so I didn't get to see much as we didn't stop but to eat.

I have to consider myself very lucky; since I was 18 I have traveled to 35 different countries. I lost count of the states I've been to, but it's kind of funny about that since I have never been to Washington DC yet. But yet, it's only a 5 hour drive from here! LOL

The thing we don't have, public rail, is the thing we should have. :very_angry:

The government operated rail we do have is the definition of poorly managed so it's no surprise people don't want any more of it. I took Amtrak on vacation one and will never do it again. Not only did we get to our destination something like 8 or more hours late the official schedule for the trip was still two days when it would have been a 3-4 hour flight.

The government operated rail we do have is the definition of poorly managed so it's no surprise people don't want any more of it. I took Amtrak on vacation one and will never do it again. Not only did we get to our destination something like 8 or more hours late the official schedule for the trip was still two days when it would have been a 3-4 hour flight.

Yeah, we need a new system. Amtrak really sucks. I enjoy taking the public rail in other countries, but I won't do it here.

Back
Top Bottom