What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Agreed :) I would be carrying said piles of discs if not for the weight (two Windows 7 discs (one each for x64/x86), a Backtrack 5 disc, at least two Linux distros, the forensics OS we use at uni, and one particularly... handy... live CD for resetting NT/NTLM passwords and privilege escalation in Windows XP/V/7)

Heh, the prices right now for the 16gb wifi storage is pretty good for now.
If you get it make sure to register with tech-support by phone, the service is quite good, if something is faulty with it, they will be quick to replace
it.
Even if the warrenty has expired or not there for some reason.

If you get it make sure to register with tech-support by phone, the service is quite good, if something is faulty with it, they will be quick to replace
it.
You quoted the wrong person methinks?

You quoted the wrong person methinks?

No, I'm talking to you directly with my last reply.
I'm saying if you "consider" getting it, kingstons customer and tech support is higly recommended.
You shouldnt have much struggle to contact them if anything goes wrong with their product. :)

it.
Yeah, the 16G version is $50 now. When they first hit the market last year they were originally priced at $170.

Went to the Shop and Bought, a Can of Relentless Energy Drink, 3 Pint Milk and 20 Cigs.. Yesterday, Bought theese of Play.com:

Play.com - Buy Contour 4x AAA 850mAh NiMH Rechargable Batteries online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Play.com - Buy Uniross Mini Charger + 2 x AAA Batteries U0211680 online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Play.com - Buy Samsung ESP210 / Portable Folding Speaker MP3 / iPod / iPhone Speaker online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Also bought a 8Gb Flash Drive, wich will be a Big Improvment over the Old 2 Gb I have.. Mind you I have never seen the Fasination with them.. Flash Drives.. I understand you get the likes of 16Gb, 32Gb but even thor they are Great for Portability, why Not just by a Hard Drive, say 2'5 ", and get from what av seen up to 1TB.. Are well..

Also bought a 8Gb Flash Drive, wich will be a Big Improvment over the Old 2 Gb I have.. Mind you I have never seen the Fasination with them.. Flash Drives.. I understand you get the likes of 16Gb, 32Gb but even thor they are Great for Portability, why Not just by a Hard Drive, say 2'5 ", and get from what av seen up to 1TB.. Are well..
It would be difficult to put even a 2.5" hdd in your pocket and carry it with you wherever you go. I have a tiny 16G thumb drive on my keychain that I have with me all the time, don't need to make a concious decision to bring it with me or not. It can come in very handy at times.

A deck of cards, have some gambling fun with friends over a few beers :big_smile:

AlVg3I7CIAI_mqQ.jpg

It would be difficult to put even a 2.5" hdd in your pocket and carry it with you wherever you go. I have a tiny 16G thumb drive on my keychain that I have with me all the time, don't need to make a concious decision to bring it with me or not. It can come in very handy at times.

Hehe, if your worried about the size on enclosure and plug&play I recommend you and some other people look into this.
2.5" SATA LAPTOP HARD DRIVE to USB 2.0 EXTERNAL ADAPTER CONVERTER ENCLOSURE KIT | eBay

I've had mine for almost 2 years now and have not had much issue, the cable it came bundled with was utter garbage but you can walk into any electronic store and get it a new one for less than 6.00 bucks.
The max capacity it will hold is 320gb, you can check online and see if the specs are up or not.

Those WD external drives I like them somewhat, but I have seen a few people try to keep those things working right and had more issues with it than any other brand out there.

That's still hundreds of times larger than my keychain thumbdrive, not to mention that is costs almost as much as I paid for the thumbdrive and you still need to put an hdd in it. They both have their purpose, one's just not nearly as portable or convenient as the other.

Back
Top Bottom