What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

meh I hate x-mas music... hear enough of it in the grocery stores and the mall. bah humbug.... LOL

Thats almost as much as my sister spends on a bag. Is it really worth it ? I'm all for durability and stuff being well made, but is a quality bag not of fairly low priority in times like these :p ?

Then again if it's something you use alot or are carrying expensive stuff in it makes sense.
I've found that a decent bag makes all the difference. You get stuff like more pockets, handy features, comfort, and a bag that lasts 10+ years (that's the main reason, it actually ends up being cheaper than buying cheaper bags). This is mine, and it is -fantastic-
Case Logic Corporate Nylon Padded Backpack for 16 inch Laptop - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Every week I discover a new pocket that I didn't know it had. I might do a review of it for T-F, now that I think of it.

I didn't buy it personally but convinced my dad to put a preorder down for the Transformer Prime.. which no doubt I will get to use quite a bit, so looking forward to give that a try.

Shame they ****ed up the wifi on it but oh well should be okay.

The WiFi's been fixed on the release version btw, according to The Verge. Now I wish I knew you as an IRL friend, I'd come round and mess around on it :3

The WiFi's been fixed on the release version btw, according to The Verge. Now I wish I knew you as an IRL friend, I'd come round and mess around on it :3

Nap the wifi bug on review units was that one of the two antennas was not working. However the issue of the metal casing weakening the wifi signal still persists because it is just an inherent design floor. Just like the iPhone 4's initial design was bad for signal.

The iPad gets round this by placing the antennas behind the glass apple logo on the back, but asus for some weird reason didn't do this - it's just somewhere behind the metal case. So while people are saying it's acceptable, they get better signal on other tablets.

While annoying I don't think it's a huge problem, wifi repeaters or even extra routers to boost signal are pretty cheap these days.

Now if they just had those specs put into a body designed by apple and then use iOS i'd be set.. nice powerful tegra 3 soc with all my apps from ios (GTA3!! woop). Then I could get me some quad core goodness 'till ipad 3 arrives.

When I said Verge I meant Anandtech btw, and since they fixed the WiFi the Transformer/Prime have some of the best WiFi performance among tablets now:
42779.png

From here

it is just an inherent design floor.
*flaw. I don't usually correct stuff like that but I'm curious whether it was a spelling mistake or if you thought it was spelled that way.

^lol
All this discussion over backpacks is actually great, my current one is literally falling to bits (for example, I've had to cut the zipper at the bottom to thread the actual zipper bit back onto the line).

Just bought me some energy drinks, a reservation on the ICE in Germany, and a nice bit of ass to take home. From a cow. For dinner. What were *you* thinking =_=

When I said Verge I meant Anandtech btw, and since they fixed the WiFi the Transformer/Prime have some of the best WiFi performance among tablets now:

*flaw. I don't usually correct stuff like that but I'm curious whether it was a spelling mistake or if you thought it was spelled that way.

Thats weird I still read that they could never get it sorted. I dunno. Though that test is about throughput, they probably had the devices right next to it. The problems i've been reading are signal based, not how it performs when you do have signal.

SP mistake just a lame error from rushing.

Back
Top Bottom