Potentially the longest thread in history...

well im sick of having to worry about money and how money holds people back... some people can do really cool things, but they dont have enough money to do it and they get screwed.

PM Me my friend, please I urge you too.

PP Mguire:1946324 said:
Coming from a guy who is still sitting at rock bottom with a kid on the way, that is just how life goes.

I have one kid, adopted. I try to provide everything I can, and do cool things with/for him, but theres only so much you can do with a set salary of 100k a year. That may sound like a lot, but it really isn't when you have two cars and a house to pay off. But, with all of my financial hardships, I believe I should still pay more in taxes than someone making 40k a year. Even though that is completely off subject, it's still economical talk, and this is the off topic forum. Just my 2 cents.

I have one kid, adopted. I try to provide everything I can, and do cool things with/for him, but theres only so much you can do with a set salary of 100k a year. That may sound like a lot, but it really isn't when you have two cars and a house to pay off. But, with all of my financial hardships, I believe I should still pay more in taxes than someone making 40k a year. Even though that is completely off subject, it's still economical talk, and this is the off topic forum. Just my 2 cents.
If you can't make it off of 100k a year then you need to drop the ton of luxuries or credit cards that is taking up your finances. I'm looking at hard working jobs that makes roughly 40k a year and I'm drooling at the amount of income I will potentially be making in the next month or so. I could live extremely pleased off of a salary of 100k a year and probably have a few rent houses making even more money. In the past 2 years I was making roughly 15k a year and between the 2 of us we have a 5bdrm 3bth house, 4 vehicles, and so far only utility bills, phone bill, and insurance to pay. I might also add, it is quite expensive to adopt, no? This may sound a bit harsh, but it is that mindset that has put this country in the situation it is in right now. The people of this country need to learn how to manage their finances and live within their means instead of trying to be the average American and be paying 4-5 payments on things they wont actually own for 15-30 years. Again, I'm not trying to personally attack you or anything because I really don't know anything about you, but merely using the words you just said as a means to get my point across. I apologize in advance if I may offend you. Just growing up "poor" all my life realizing my family could have been well off but due to incompetence almost completely lost all of their belongings AND my father it depresses me to hear people say things like that. Considering I'm 23, young, and trying to do at the best of my abilities everything a father or father to be would want to do for his family. Not be in debt, and have everything they need or want within my means.

Edit: Looks like quick reply with quote is messed up some how.

You either live in an expensive location or own expensive cars and houses. My parents make that and are paying off both cars and house and still have no financial worries ever. And they have me to take care of :p Even though I am like 20..

On a brighter note, I graduated with my Associates Degree yesterday. WHOOP! onto a 4 year *****es!

IMO anybody who can't or think they can't afford a brand new car probably shouldn't have one. Seriously, Craigslist is where it's at. Actually owning your own vehicles and knowing you will NEVER have to pay money on them again is a great feeling. Then again, this is coming from a guy who absolutely hates payments.

Well, My parents have never had a problem.. Maybe sometimes money is tight but other then that. They just sold there house and moved to a different city which is more expensive to live and are making payments on the house but I just found there cars will payed off in couple months..

PP Mguire:1946327 said:
If you can't make it off of 100k a year then you need to drop the ton of luxuries or credit cards that is taking up your finances. I'm looking at hard working jobs that makes roughly 40k a year and I'm drooling at the amount of income I will potentially be making in the next month or so. I could live extremely pleased off of a salary of 100k a year and probably have a few rent houses making even more money. In the past 2 years I was making roughly 15k a year and between the 2 of us we have a 5bdrm 3bth house, 4 vehicles, and so far only utility bills, phone bill, and insurance to pay. I might also add, it is quite expensive to adopt, no? This may sound a bit harsh, but it is that mindset that has put this country in the situation it is in right now. The people of this country need to learn how to manage their finances and live within their means instead of trying to be the average American and be paying 4-5 payments on things they wont actually own for 15-30 years. Again, I'm not trying to personally attack you or anything because I really don't know anything about you, but merely using the words you just said as a means to get my point across. I apologize in advance if I may offend you. Just growing up "poor" all my life realizing my family could have been well off but due to incompetence almost completely lost all of their belongings AND my father it depresses me to hear people say things like that. Considering I'm 23, young, and trying to do at the best of my abilities everything a father or father to be would want to do for his family. Not be in debt, and have everything they need or want within my means.

Edit: Looks like quick reply with quote is messed up some how.

PP, it is quite expensive to adopt, but my wife could not have a child, so we adopted instead. That caused a lot of financial strain. I dont live in an expensive neighborhood, or in a big house. We live in the countryside, with a 'modest' 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 2 car garage (an addition that I built) house. The house itself wasn't much. It's the land.. 8 acres costs a pretty penny. And as far as the cars go, theres my wifes car and my car. I'm paying off both. She drives a 2010 Subaru Outback (AWD is a must in the winter here) and I drive a 2011 Kia Sorento (also AWD). Believe it or not, those are the extent of my luxuries. Besides for my computer, but thats a different story. I know what you mean about growing up poor. Not because we didn't manage money well, but because my mom never worked and my dad didn't make much. I went through college on my own, with NO support from my parents what so ever. So now, I'm trying to provide everything I can for my kid, so he doesn't have to be in the same position I was in. I don't like payments either, but I didn't have land given to me, and I got sick of our old used POS cars breaking down and needing constant repair. My wifes car IS used, but still fairly new, so I chose a payment plan on it. It'll be done soon, thank god. You have a nicer house than me, or at least a bigger house. I'm thankful for what I have, and I try to help others out when I can. I don't want to be the stereotypical American.

PP, it is quite expensive to adopt, but my wife could not have a child, so we adopted instead. That caused a lot of financial strain. I dont live in an expensive neighborhood, or in a big house. We live in the countryside, with a 'modest' 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 2 car garage (an addition that I built) house. The house itself wasn't much. It's the land.. 8 acres costs a pretty penny. And as far as the cars go, theres my wifes car and my car. I'm paying off both. She drives a 2010 Subaru Outback (AWD is a must in the winter here) and I drive a 2011 Kia Sorento (also AWD). Believe it or not, those are the extent of my luxuries. Besides for my computer, but thats a different story. I know what you mean about growing up poor. Not because we didn't manage money well, but because my mom never worked and my dad didn't make much. I went through college on my own, with NO support from my parents what so ever. So now, I'm trying to provide everything I can for my kid, so he doesn't have to be in the same position I was in. I don't like payments either, but I didn't have land given to me, and I got sick of our old used POS cars breaking down and needing constant repair. My wifes car IS used, but still fairly new, so I chose a payment plan on it. It'll be done soon, thank god. You have a nicer house than me, or at least a bigger house. I'm thankful for what I have, and I try to help others out when I can. I don't want to be the stereotypical American.
My gf and I have looked into adoption for that just in case we want a second later on so that is how I know it is quite expensive. Our house is a mobile home, so it is quite large on the cheap if you know what I mean. To be quite honest, if this house wasn't practically given to us we would be living in a smaller brick place within our means (300/m after large down I suppose). I think 400/m is the absolute highest I would go. I know about how land is real expensive too, 8 acres would be over 200k where I live so we are settling for just 1 :p
As for the cars, I consider those new as the newest cars we have are both 2001. The most we have spent was 2100 for our truck and has given us no problems at all with relatively low mileage considering the year. The Cavalier is also 2001 with 230+k miles on it, has been in 2 wrecks, and I can still drive that thing around with no engine noise or anything. My 68 Mustang is also on the road and being over 40 years old we wont try to guess how many miles it has lol. When buying something off Craigslist you do have to have a bit of mechanical experience or a really good friend to help you purchase something worthy enough. Still though, I would rather pay 900 for our car and then a couple hundred more to fix cosmetic damage from the wrecks than the equivalent cost of 4 SB-E machines I want (16k) for a newer car because those can break down just as easy as older ones. Every person has their preference in vehicles, I just am one of those guys who will deal with an older car to not pay as much. It seriously is a burden lifted knowing those tow people wont come after your car cause you missed payment. Once my position is solidified and I'm making good money I plan on buying a higher year Cavalier for the lady and the baby and I'll just make the Dodge Ram we have nice with bigger tires, fix the windshield and whatnot instead of buying a new car. We also plan on making this home we live in now a lot nice and will move out of it and use it as a rent house to pay for the payments of our new home which will of course be nicer. In this instance, we will have nothing but the essentials to pay for making us have lots of money in our pockets making roughly 40k a year. So like I said, I could live extremely well off on 100k a year and probably have a huge Christmas for my friends every year as well as donate to my favorite charity every year.

100k/yr!!!! I make less then 19k/yr. I'd be quite happy with even 30k/yr right now.

I own my own 1800sq ft 4br 2ba house in a decent area (350/mo land contract). I also own my car as well free and clear. my bills are around 80-100 for elec. and our gas bills is 0 for the next 2 or 3 months becuase we overpayed. our internet is around 55/mo for 10/1.2mbps. i buy prepaid phones so i choose how many minutes. most people would never dream of making it on the low income we have.

Back
Top Bottom