Potentially the longest thread in history...

They're only like 250w idle or something.. people have like 30 lights in there house, they use way more combined in the evenings. Well they used to, as they arn't allowed to sell old-school bulbs in Europe anymore I guess not.
I have 21 bulbs (not including fridge and micro) that can be used and are all the daylight bright 26w fluorescent (100w equivalent). They are bright as **** and we usually only use 1 through the night because it lights up a good portion of the house plus our room bulbs and the occasional bathroom. I don't see why some people absolutely must have a million lights on at any given time. We also have all but 1 window sealed so no sun light either. Since I have started gaming and doing regular PC usage in the dark my room lights get used less meaning there is probably only 1 bulb on at any given time. If more people did this their electric and bulb bills will probably be a ton lower.

Re: Today I have...

lol, the number of GS2s owners in my course is now greater than the number of iPhone 4/4S owners.

What the feck, how do you old people survive ?

When I get a job, i'll be earning £250 a week. By the time i've paid tax, board to my parents, and fuel, i've lost £150 of that. Thats just £100 left, which is great for me, but i have nothing to pay for.. if I needed food, eleccy, gas, housing, i'd die :(

A lot of people in this country live off of that kind of money...as a full time job. That translates to being a $2.40 over minimum wage.

Even taking my own salary into account (including night and weekend differential) I make about £11.45 an hour full time. Before taxes/insurance/401k, that's about £916 every 2 weeks, £615 after all that. With that money, I'd have a really hard time living in my apartment if I didn't have Andi's salary as well. Even without extra stuff, like a car payment. And we don't even live in a super high living expense area or anything, lol.

I will say the apartment complex we live in has a funny way of claiming to be "income controlled"...you have to make a certain amount to be in here, and it can't be too much...to get in, I had to say Andi was unemployed. Also, if I had gotten my promotion raise before we moved in, I would have made "too much". But the rent is stupid expensive anyway with that kind of thinking, £528 a month with only water included...

Out of curiosity I looked up minimum wage here, which is £6.04 (or US$9.40). What's it over there?
That's for someone age 21 or above.

Out of curiosity I looked up minimum wage here, which is £6.04 (or US$9.40). What's it over there?
That's for someone age 21 or above.
Minimum wage for everyone is 7.35/h now, 2.30/2.40/h for waiters/waitress's. You can't live by yourself on full time minimum wage over here without having a second job or already owning your house and car. Even then, you wouldn't be able to afford some luxuries like a smart phone or faster internet.

That's a good thing.

Agreed.

There aren't that many Galaxy S2's here yet since the US carriers just got it however there are still a absolute ton of original Galaxy S phones out there.

I've also noticed that the vast majority of phones you spot in technical courses are Android. In one Electrical Engineering course it took I'd say 80% of the people in the class had some type of Android phone.

I've also noticed that the vast majority of phones you spot in technical courses are Android. In one Electrical Engineering course it took I'd say 80% of the people in the class had some type of Android phone.
I'd wager that's because Android appeals more to the technically-minded geek than an Apple equivalent.

Slightly related, today I messed around with a cheap Samsung that someone on my course has, since it has Bada and I hadn't tried it out yet. It runs... okay. Features are limited, and particularly so are apps. Wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom