Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I hated Vista since the first time I touched it too. Just left a sour taste in my mouth. First time I tried 7 pre-beta I loved it. I've had 7 installed on all my computer since Beta.

Don't dislike much do you, always gotta be hating. Haters gonna hate lol. Don't be a hater.

Today my boss is back, which means normal hours and normal workload again for the first time in 5 weeks. FTW!!!!

Yea. I thought my bassist was just coming over to learn a few new songs on practice amps. Next thing I knew it turned into a full blown practice (without the singer) and then the bassist thought it would be a good idea to take a picture before I could even change. Oh well lol.

I'm not gonna use something that looks like fisher price made it.... mmkay.

the XP Luna theme was god awful too... I changed it to the silver one right away and then got a UXTheme patch and put a nice dark minimal theme on it within the first 2 hours of getting xp for the first time.

and in server 2008 I just went with default on it for a while becuase it was slick, dark, and professional.

then I got bored with that and themed it.

I will do the same with 8 I will ethier skin the garish colors and make em all black and have my abstract wallpaper instead of the green goo.... and theme the desktop part of it to a black theme.

if they lock it down to where you can't even change the colors lots of people won't buy it.

eyy PP how you gonna handle that with the baby LOL??? gonna make him a bandmate death metal baby crying???? have the baby take out the anger on the drums....

Tantrum:drum solo

Yea hated my experience with Windows 8. Reminded me so much of trying Vista it wasn't even funny.

Okay lets ignore Metro, pretend it's never existed. Windows 8 is just the new changes to the classic desktop experience.
Do you still not like it ?

I like the new stuff on the desktop part. But one little thing is annoying me.

win8bar.jpg

Piece of **** ASUS GTX470 has pretty much crapped out on me. I can't play for longer than half an hour without it locking up with bad white square artifacting. Some games i can play for longer if i bump the fan up to RIDICULOUS levels (95%) so it stays at around <75c, but it will still **** up after <2hours, often less. Even minecraft ****ed up after 20minutes when the GPU was at 64c. WTF.

I wouldn't be so ****ed normally, i understand these are high end things that can go wrong.. BUT.. this is 2nd GTX470 from ASUS, the first one had a fan fault in just a few weeks. Never buying an ASUS card again its been nothing but a pain in the ***.

So now i have to sell something i really don't want to, my camera or G27.. i love them both but lets be realistic, PC Gaming > Most things. (G27 is pretty useless without a working GPU anyway).

And no i can't RMA it.

And NVidia are annoying. I wish they would sort there **** out. For **** sakes, make all your cards have 1.5gb/2gb VRAM - only the absolute top cards have more, or some special edition lower end ones which are more money. 1gb of VRAM is used up in a whole host of games even at my lousy 1680x1050 resolution.

Back
Top Bottom