Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

NO SPOILERS!! Steam is still downloading it, only going at 120kbps :angry: been going since this morning and still like 1-2 hours to go. RAGE.

Lol but that makes me remember dialup and waiting hours to download a 20mb 2d game XD

I love British humor, been enjoying it since I was a kid watching Danger Mouse, got used to the accents ages ago.
I wouldn't say its totally different. Was going to say UK humor was more high-brow and the US more low-brow, but I'm sure you guys have your fair share of toilet humor, and we do have quite a few clever comedians.

Your probably right about that.

Clever? I don't see how racial jokes, talking about their stupid lives, and women bashing is clever...I suppose to each his own. When I was in high school I used to think idiots like Dane Cook where funny but not anymore. Now, George Carlin, that was a funny man.

Lol. They say some pretty offensive stuff. They're on the news the day after top gear is showed quite often, usually in trouble for something they've said.

Clever? I don't see how racial jokes, talking about their stupid lives, and women bashing is clever...I suppose to each his own.
I feel bad for you if this is the only American comedy you've been exposed to. Try turning on The Daily Show or Colbert Report, its more of a tragic comedy about the current state of affairs in the US. Lewis Black kills me as well, but again tragic comedy.
I will say it is terribly hard to think of comedians that don't rely on race/misogyny/life stories, I do love me some George Carlin, Denis Leary too.

*Edit - Can't believe I forgot Woody Allen! listening to some of his stand-up now.

Anything else you wanna tell me princess? :p
lol, I had to search why my avatar had changed. Took me a while to get to here.
I will say it is terribly hard to think of comedians that don't rely on race/misogyny/life stories
I can think of dozens, but they're all British. Except for the occasional American on Mock the Week.

I feel bad for you if this is the only American comedy you've been exposed to. Try turning on The Daily Show or Colbert Report, its more of a tragic comedy about the current state of affairs in the US. Lewis Black kills me as well, but again tragic comedy.
I will say it is terribly hard to think of comedians that don't rely on race/misogyny/life stories, I do love me some George Carlin, Denis Leary too.

*Edit - Can't believe I forgot Woody Allen! listening to some of his stand-up now.
I've watched and listened to a **** ton of American comedians and I don't really like any of them. I also hate banter about politics...it's boring because it's all BS.

I also hate banter about politics...it's boring because it's all BS.
Agreed. The main reason it's BS is because these political comedians are paid usually to present an pro-Democrat or pro-Republican view (that I've noticed). Now, even if one day Obama personally goes and physically saves a hundred babies from a burning building filled with somehow-fireproof tigers, the pro-Republican host has to downplay that somehow, cos it's his job. Likewise, if Obama went and shivved a hundred babies, took out their hearts and force-fed them to nuns in the name of terrorism, the pro-Democrat host has to try and put that in a good light.

Now, obviously there's no definitive examples like those, but it really does get tiring (we have similar talk shows here, though they're not nearly as dramatic).

I was just browsing youtube and i came across this video.

I found it quite amusing

I'm not sure i would have the cahoonas to stand and talk to steve about the fault of his product at the launch event, but that what makes it good :D The best part is when he says "Noones knows about Pages", steve is not amused.

Back
Top Bottom