What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Well they aren't for everyone. I have a friend that swears up and down his Phenom 2 kicks my i5's *** and I keep telling him to share what he's smoking. I barely game anymore and if I do these days it seems to be console ports so I think even a dual core would be great for me long as my system is snappy. When I had the i3 my system was plenty snappy so meh. Only REAL reason I went back to the i5 was because of bench scores and folding/encoding. Now that I don't do any of that anymore I don't even really need a quad =/

Same. I game once or twice a week. And half the time thats indie games which would run on hardware 5 years old. But i do it just for that game that comes out once or twice a year that i want to play. Meh, i like upgrading too.

First upgrade since I got my stuff in 2008!
YamiHardware.PNG

Edit Gorammit, TF keeps resizing my image. For anyone who can't read it:

- OCZ Agility 3 60GB
- i5 2500K OEM
- Asus P8P67 Deluxe
- 2*4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600Mhz
- 1GB GTX560 Ti
- Scythe Mugen 2 heatsink

Oh, and I picked up some TX-2 thermal paste from eBuyer.

Just ordered a pair of BXR A40's from Astro with the MixAmp. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to keep my MixAmp 5.8 and sell the MixAmp that came with my A40's or switch to the wired MixAmp that came with my A40's.

First upgrade since I got my stuff in 2008!
YamiHardware.PNG

Edit Gorammit, TF keeps resizing my image. For anyone who can't read it:

- OCZ Agility 3 60GB
- i5 2500K OEM
- Asus P8P67 Deluxe
- 2*4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600Mhz
- 1GB GTX560 Ti
- Scythe Mugen 2 heatsink

Oh, and I picked up some TX-2 thermal paste from eBuyer.

Either the Scythe Mugen 2 was a bad choice or the Corsair Vengeance Memory was. I'm envisioning a interference problem.

Bugger, that's a good point. I can temporarily stick the RAM in non-dual channel (in the furthest slots) while I buy a new heatsink to switch it with. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

I was going to get the TRUE Copper but I wasn't able to find anywhere that sold the mount for 1156/1155 sockets (which do exist according to Thermalright's site).

Back
Top Bottom