Potentially the longest thread in history...

Because nobody wants to hear it, and nobody cares. It would be the same as me going on my Mustang forum arguing how Civics are better.

I'd love that.

I think i am odd, in that i really enjoy arguing. Most people get angry, it makes me happy. Nothing better than some good old banter..real life or over the internet.

I like intelligent arguments, or just intelligent debates. What I despise with a passion is people choosing before they know the facts or choosing before the row as it suites there image. I have had a nice one again with a very good Muslim friend of mine over why faith schools are wrong, I am atheist and I do not want faith schools but I will accept schools that teach all faiths including atheist lessons, he believes that a single faith should be taught per school.

He agrees that a attitude towards critical thinking is essential in a modern education, but we disagree about faith. If religion is part of your upbringing it should be taught at home as part of your family life and not as part of your education. I am not opposed to teaching of RE in schools but I am not in favor of selective teaching and a alternative option to faith should be offered.

I'm in a faith school as I've mentioned previously (Catholic), and I was taught about a variety of religions from years 7-9 (when it was compulsory). There wasn't any focus on any particular faith.

I'd love that.

I think i am odd, in that i really enjoy arguing. Most people get angry, it makes me happy. Nothing better than some good old banter..real life or over the internet.
Haha I'd love that too, as long as it wasn't me arguing for the Civic side so I could be loling at the flamebating.

I love a good argument too, but the Apple one just gets old to me.

Yami I am 8 - 10 years older than you (I am 25), back in the day there was a rule to focus on the lead demographic, I was lucky I attended a progressive school.

Having said that, about 5 min from my house I have SFX a catholic school and King David, a Jewish school they have to have police officers to keep the two schools apart on the bus or it would be a blood bath on both sides. It's not nice if you even live close to them as in the middle is a standard state school where my sister attended, before the bus she was harassed by Muslims and on the bus she was harassed by Jewish girls an boys (Before any one asks I put a stop to both sets of harassment) .

Talking right now as a Atheist I feel that they are all exclusionary.

Re: Today I have...

Up at 4am to hit the gym along with my wife. She wanted me to join in the Muay Thai class she is taking but I know I am not ready for it yet. Instead I used the elliptical and stationary bike and put in some lats, rows, and flies before hitting the shower.

Spent most of the day helping a cousin set up Win7 on his MacBook in Boot Camp. He didn't bring his Snow Leopard disk and neither of us realized he needed it at first, but he ended up having to go and get it. We finally got Windows set up and then worked on installing Solidworks for his job. It took a while to get it all together but we did.

I also had someone drop their computer by for me to clean up. It sounds like they have picked up a fake antivirus. Maybe I will get to it tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom