Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Same thing applies for diesel engines too. Just cause the fuel type changes doesn't mean the energy exerted to pull the car/truck changes, or the weight of the vehicle.

oh god more car talk... (runs and does freaky dances in the bushes and beats the wild naked guy in the woods with a sausage)

Same thing applies for diesel engines too. Just cause the fuel type changes doesn't mean the energy exerted to pull the car/truck changes, or the weight of the vehicle.

No, that doesn't change, but diesels are more efficient so it'll generally get better mileage if it was a diesel.

I don't see many diesels saving money though, more efficient sure, most expensive to fill? YEP. I know people trading a diesel truck in for a light weight gas truck just because of the huge costs.

They did have lights, especially in when Avenged Sevenfold was playing (headliner).
And fire. (you know those one things that shoot a quick burst a flame up? Those. Six of them, I think. Rapidly going off in order while he screamed.) I could feel the heat, and I was a decent distance away.

And if my ears were still ringing so long afterwards, imagine Wacken. o_o

I highly doubt that. When your engine size gets smaller you have to pay the consequence of the work load being higher because that smaller engine still has to pull the same weight as a bigger engine that uses less energy. Then, if you add AC to the mix it takes even more. I think in the end most fuel economy cars realistically get between 25 and 32mpg at the top of its tuning. With that being said our truck probably gets less than 20mpg highway lol. That's ok though, cause this summer we will have 2 economy vehicles so I'm not to worried.

Remember nearly everyone drives manual over here.. which apparently is more fuel efficient. I'll post the MPG ratings for common cars over here.

Mini cooper:

Fuel consumption mpg - Manual (combined) 52.3 mpg
Fuel consumption mpg - Automatic (combined) 44.1 mpg

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Diesel

Fuel efficiency (combined cycle): 51.3 mpg (3 and 5-door)

Peugout 308 1.6 Petrol

Combined 36.60 MPG

Cant be bothered to find loads of cars. But those are the typical kind of hatchbacks you get over here. Those are all the latest versions of the cars, using the combined measurement, and none of them are the special eco versions. Just your bog standard.

Welcome to America! :D

True. Your frickin NYC crown vic taxi's are packing 4 liter engines or something stupid like that. Sometimes, your country is retarded :p

Thanks for the link on that, now I know I can have my gun in my glove box, and when a cop decides to play search the kids car, I can just pull that out :D

No problem, I was happy to hear about that law as well. It's nice to have a method for carrying weapons in vehicles that's legally protected like that so you aren't screwed if you run into a cop that feels like being a ****.

20mph. LOL. You could NOT advertise that over here. You can't even advertise 30mpg. Most cars here do 35 or 40+. If it's anything less, it's officially a gas guzzler :p

We have cars like the Fiesta that get 40mpg but a lot of people around here don't want a vehicle that tiny.

Most family sedans in the US are pushing ~275hp 3.5L -3.7L V6 engines these days and it's hardly uncommon to find ~6.0L V8's in trucks and large SUV's with close to 400hp. In fact the best selling vehicle in the U.S. is the Ford F-150.

513587.1-lg.jpg

aaauugh! You guys have a whole sub forum for all things car related, but you gotta start a mini thread in the Today I Have thread? Lol btw for those who don't know, I hate cars.

Today I'm at work manning the IT dept by myself again for the second day in a row. Boss is sick, got rained on coming to work, spent half an hour at 6 in the morning trying to find a mates camera that he left at the house the night before (well this morning actually..). In short, not a great start to the day.

Back
Top Bottom