What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

^^ Meh it's just a port n nothing else. No graphical enhancements n what not.

Why not the Phenom II 970??

^^ Meh it's just a port n nothing else. No graphical enhancements n what not.

hmm, well maybe, but if you know me you know i will always buy the latest need for speed. i don't care what anybody says, i've genuinely liked every one i've played (some more than others), and i've had every game since underground. they say that the new hot pursuit goes back to the series' roots of the first nfs games, which i've never played. if i can find them for pc i might just have to pick those up too, even if they're old, i don't care :D.

I am suprised they still make the 465.. 460, according to almost every bench out there performs a bit less BUT consumes way less power and is WAY cooler. 465 was kind of a mistake.. and 1gb 460 will out perform the 465.

My 465 runs as cool as my friends 460 while both are OCed before he volt modded it. Now his card runs considerately hotter with a .1v increase and i still outperform him. 465 wasnt a mistake, people just got bad word from it due to retarded reviewers just like 470/480 heat. Everyone that i know personally (including kingpin....im sure you know who he is) says they dont run as hot as people want to try and say. The cards that could flash made me nostalgia cause of the old 6800nu. (To bad mine cant =/)

No point in that banter though. I like my card and i dont like people really talking **** about it so i apologize if i was rude.

I just purchased new internet (well they finally installed it today) and were gonna go to the mall, Frys, Walmart, and Lowes. Ill update with what we got from there later.

The 465 is basically a respin of the 460 to improve it. As Mquire has said, it runs cooler and OC's better.

No, 465 is Fermi GF100 based, and the 460 GF104 is a respin. The 465 (IMO) OCs better but they are pretty on par with temps as long as you take the stock goop off both. The 460 with a vold mod and water block can OC alot better, but if you have money for a water block you can afford a 470 0_0

The problem being, benchmarks from review sites show stock to stock performance with lower end drivers. These new drivers shot my performance way up whilst having a hefty OC i tromp in 5870/480 performance grounds. (As proved by various bench threads here)

I just bought a HAF 932, some Tuniq TX-2, a Xigmatek Balder CC HSF, and a fan to replace the 140mm that comes with the case.
I ordered them on Thursday, and they're still not here yet. I'm suspicious that both Newegg and UPS have been overwhelmed by the black friday orders, as their websites have gone glitchy and it usually takes 1 day for my stuff to get here even with free shipping. I was hoping I'd have pics up today, but I guess that's not going to happen :(

Back
Top Bottom