Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Yea, GM likes to use the orange, which is a GM thing, but, there are some exceptions, there is a newer fluid out, it's orangish greenish in color that can be used in GM/FORD/Dodge, on any make supposedly and has the benefits of longer flush intervals.

But yea, it can be easy to take a dash out, but some cars, it could take all day, my intrepid, took me 6 hours with help in the middle of winter due to the heater core blowing up on me. The problem with the intrepid, the wiring harness was attached in places I couldn't figure out how to get to, and the steering column was in the way, which made it a bit harder as thats where my wiring harness was attached at.

EDIT:
Today, I have done almost nothing, went to town to look at someones car to give them an idea of how much it will cost to fix there radio and re-run all the wiring, on the way home, I discovered on both my front tires, the belts are coming through, joy... I don't expect them to last another trip to town at all as one is loosing pressure, the other isn't far behind at all, and I can't even afford tires from a junk yard... Go figure...

FINALLY got my Internet back.

Some ****ers stole the copper cable going into my village last monday so i have been without the internet for a week, and i tell you, it's incredibly boring.
But with all respect to BT (The company who manages/owns all the copper cable in the UK) they worked 24hours a day for the entire week repairing it :)

Well it could be done (and obviously has). You just turn up at 3am on the road leading from the suburbs of Leicester to my village (about 1km of road), don a British Telecom high visibility jacket, dig one end and chop the cable, dig the other end and chop, pull it through put it in a van and ride off. That is essentially what they did.

People in this country don't really ask questions. If theres a guy at the side of the road with a visibility jacket digging, you wouldn't think anything of it.

People in this country don't really ask questions. If theres a guy at the side of the road with a visibility jacket digging, you wouldn't think anything of it.
That's a common thing all over the world, and a recorded psychological thingy. There's a good page about it on TVTropes (one of my favourites), I'm currently looking for it.

Edit: Here. Look in the Real Life section at the bottom http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BavarianFireDrill
Here's one of many, many examples:
Frank Abagnale, the notorious con artist on whom the book and film Catch Me If You Can are based, used this to pull off many of his cons. In one instance, he purchased a security guard's uniform and stood at a bank's overnight depository, telling patrons who pulled up to make their deposits that the depository was broken, but that he would be more than happy to secure their money. According to IM Db, they planned to include the same scam in the movie, but during filming people came up to Leonardo DiCaprio in costume and tried to give him their money.
And a more topical one:
"I once had a fellow network geek challenge me to try to bring down his newly installed network. He had just installed a powerful and expensive firewall router and was convinced that I couldn't get to a test server he added to his network just for me to try to access. After a few attempts to hack in over the Internet, I saw that I wasn't going to get anywhere that way. So I jumped in my car and drove to his office, having first outfitted myself in a techy-looking jumpsuit and an ancient ID badge I just happened to have in my sock drawer. I smiled sweetly at the receptionist and walked right by my friend's office (I noticed he was smugly monitoring incoming IP traffic using some neato packet-sniffing program) to his new server. I quickly pulled the wires out of the back of his precious server, picked it up, and walked out the door. The receptionist was too busy trying to figure out why her e-mail wasn't working to notice me as I whisked by her carrying the 65-pound server box." — From the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide by Michael Meyers.

Back
Top Bottom