Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I woke up much later than I had anticipated, (setting the alarm tomorrow). I looked for jobs again, going to look again later tonight. I biked up to the fitness center and worked out for about an hour and a half. It felt quite refreshing, even though I was sweating up a storm. I just received a call from a friend to go out on the lake in a few hours, which I will probably do, and then go back to looking for jobs.

Today I woke up to the sound of my alarm (a VERY rare thing, usually I'm up before it goes) and accidentally knocked it under my bed. Which meant I had to spend a blurry 3 minutes scrabbling around in the dark trying to find the **** thing, all the while it's waking the entire house.

At work now, browsing TF and waiting for something to break.

today i helped my aunt and uncle, and two cousins move into their new house, did it yesterday too tho as well. Im tired as ****. They got like 6 have ****ing couches that were a pain in the *** to get them around the corner in the stairs because the ceiling is very low in that area. Got a free pizza and 20 hot wings out of it tho lol.

I remember the ASVAB. I won't tell you my score, but I beat my daughter's and she qualified to be a nuclear enginieer in the Navy.

Well this **** ****ing sucks. Worst start to a bday ever, i get up to discover i have been the recipient of a major bed bug offensive. That is my left hip it is just one huge patch of bites, and i have 2 other of these patches on my right leg.

I know I'm a bit late to the game with this, but I feel your pain. If you can get your hands on any minty oils, they help. My girlfriend has tea tree oil, it works well for itchiness...sometimes. I have a lot of scabs and dried blood spots from the scratching, it's horrible.

Oh man, I can feel your pain. My place has just recovered or still recovering from a major bed bug infestation. I had them everywhere in clusters. I had one cluster on my leg that looked like Stonehenge and my feet looked like they had chicken pox (don't worry I would never take pics haha...don't want y'all to lose your eyes). I cringe at the thought of how many of those bloodsuckers were on my body during sleep, having a field day with my blood.

My family and I ended up throwing away all of our five mattresses. Each of them had a bed bug nest!! Now we're all sleeping on sleeping pads, which aren't that bad but sucks not having a comfy bed.

At peak we would get at least 10-20 bites each night, now it's only my brother getting bitten about once or twice. Mine varies between one bite every several days to once a week.

Check your bedding very carefully and the area around it. Sometimes the tiny ones aren't seen by the eye unless you really focus. Also wash your clothes in hot water and dry to kill any that might be on them. Whenever you see one, kill it immediately so it doesn't go back to the nest. RAID works perfectly. Fog the affected rooms, although it didn't seem to help much it did reduce activity a little. I steamed my carpets afterward if you have any. And go to your skin doctor. Good luck!

Bed bugs are the worst. They can mess with you mentally if you've had them for a long time. I would rather have ants or cockroaches.

We have the same problem right now. It's not a MAJOR infestation from what I can see, but it's enough to be annoying. We only see a couple here and there on the rare occasion, but the bites have been going on for almost 2 months now. We threw out my couch (it was broken anyway) and wrapped my mattresses in bed bug proof sealing things (at 50 bucks a pop, ugh...). We took every article of clothing, pillow, sheet, everything to the laundromat, spent about 75 bucks washing and drying everything...spray all over the place with this stuff we picked up...and we STILL ****ING HAVE THEM.

It's from our gross *** neighbors next door...like 30 people living in one apartment. Just looking in the front window is a ****ing traumatic experience with all the junk. They're getting evicted, but they were supposed to be out already and they aren't, and in the meantime we're stuck with the stupid bed bugs AND a few roaches here and there.

Of course it doesn't help that our landlord's management company hasn't sent out a pest control guy in 2 months...gee thanks guys. 200 bucks later and we're still getting bitten to **** and it's driving me nuts.

That is possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. I guess I'd be fine with pellets...heeeey maybe I can get a DICE pot and do some insane overclocking the same day, haha. ;)

We have the same problem right now. It's not a MAJOR infestation from what I can see, but it's enough to be annoying. We only see a couple here and there on the rare occasion, but the bites have been going on for almost 2 months now. We threw out my couch (it was broken anyway) and wrapped my mattresses in bed bug proof sealing things (at 50 bucks a pop, ugh...). We took every article of clothing, pillow, sheet, everything to the laundromat, spent about 75 bucks washing and drying everything...spray all over the place with this stuff we picked up...and we STILL ****ING HAVE THEM.

It's from our gross *** neighbors next door...like 30 people living in one apartment. Just looking in the front window is a ****ing traumatic experience with all the junk. They're getting evicted, but they were supposed to be out already and they aren't, and in the meantime we're stuck with the stupid bed bugs AND a few roaches here and there.

Of course it doesn't help that our landlord's management company hasn't sent out a pest control guy in 2 months...gee thanks guys. 200 bucks later and we're still getting bitten to **** and it's driving me nuts.
I don't know where we got them from because our neighbors are neat and clean. Must of been from the outside and one of us brought it in. But yea, it really drives you crazy. Even if you haven't been bitten in a while you still feel something crawling and when you look there's nothing.

I don't have the time to wash every piece of clothing I have, but after every time I wear something I put it in a garbage bag (especially bed covers) until I do my laundry for the week. And then it gets separated until I've washed everything.

yep...Spend a few hundred bucks and they're still there. It's the worst insect problem we've had. Good thing is they don't carry diseases, they just bite and make you itch. But still annoying as ****.

easy solution, dry ice! **** works. Set it up in your room every night, and sleep on the couch for a few days. win.
Use Dry Ice to Remove Bed Bugs | Make a Bed Bug Trap with Dry Ice | Ways to Use Dry Ice
wow! That's an awesome idea. First time I heard of that kind of solution out of all the ones I've seen. I'm definitely going to try this. It'll be really interesting how much of those suckers are trapped after all we've done to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom